Bontrager Unveils Their New Pro Level Road Helmet, the Oracle
As Trek transitioned its line of consumer helmets from its self-titled line, to what is now the Bontrager line of helmets, they left one glaring omission. This was, of course, the absence of what would be considered a pro level road lid. Up to this point, it could have been argued that perhaps it was simply deemed unnecessary, as the Bontrager Circuit is an incredibly nice helmet, for only $99.
However, it turns out that Trek was keeping a bit of a secret, even from their own dealers, as they unveiled the all new Oracle today. In addition to being an all new helmet for Bontrager that consumers will be able to purchase in the Spring, it was announced today as well, that the Oracle will be the official team helmet of Leopard-Trek Racing.
More info on the new Oracle after the break!
While some key specs such as weight and price are yet to be announced, the rest of the specs read as you would expect from a pro level road helmet:
1. CFD-aided design that optimizes vent shape and placement for maximum cooling—including the critical front center channel vent.
2. In-molded carbon fiber skeleton that provides the superior structural integrity and load dispersal necessary to create the biggest possible vents in the closest-fitting design.
Additional Oracle features include:
- Internal channeling to help pull air thru the helmet and over the head.
- A patented Headmaster Fit System for easy-to-use, one-hand, precision adjustment
- Moisture-wicking, AgION antimicrobial fit pads,
- Lockdown strap dividers for quick adjustments,
- A built-in brow band that helps draw air over the forehead for improved cooling,
- Lightweight, premium straps for comfort.
Once the Oracle is available to consumers in the Spring, it will be offered in 3 sizes, and 5 colors including the Leopard replica shown above.
Excerpts from Trek’s Press Release:
One of the key design objectives for the Oracle helmet was to make it low profile. “No one wants to look like they have a bucket on their head,” noted Bontrager Helmet Product Manager, Al Clark. Superior ventilation was another key objective to the Oracle project. Both of these objectives were achieved thanks to two key innovations:
A low-profile, well ventilated, carbon fiber-reinforced pro-caliber racing helmet, the new Oracle will see its first racing action at LEOPARD TREK’s Pro Tour debut at the Santos Tour Down Under.