Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits and Pieces
- Our friend Robert makes these great bracelets out of DT Swiss stainless steel bicycle spokes and sells them for $10 – $15. Click on his name to contact him via email if you’re interested in purchasing one. He also takes wholesale requests and will provide the display boxes. They would make great Christmas or Hanukkah (hurry!) gifts…Click ‘more’ for more detailed photos and prices of Robert’s bracelets.
A Los Angeles bicycle mechanic, who also “moonlights” as a contributing writer here at Bikerumor, has started a blog documenting the shop decals he comes across at The Bicycle Shop Decal Project.
- After much experience with road tubeless tires, Jason Steele has decided to start a blog, called Go Tubeless, dedicated to the tips, tricks, and advice about road tubeless wheels and tires. (You can read our review of the Hutchinson Rep’Air tubeless tire patch kit on mountain bike tires here.)
- Road ID is giving away thousands of dollars of goods from Oakley, HED, Newton, Giro, Garmin and Road ID (natch). Grand prizes and runners up prizes can all be sought here.
- R & A Cycles in Brooklyn, NY, is giving away $1000 worth of Assos gear on Christmas Day. Register here by Dec. 24th and you will be notified by email if you’ve won.
- Outlier, purveyor of often limited edition clothing that’s generally very fitted and upscale looking, has a…wait for it…limited edition Chalk Stripe Overshirt. Only 40 are available, likely due to the limited amount of the worsted wool material they’ve obtained. The shirt is a collaboration with Chari & Co and retails for $195. Photo after the break.
- Wilderness B has been compiling a list of threatened trails with easy, one-click access to the petitions or pages you need to know about. Like them on Facebook to keep tabs and ensure mountain bike trails in your area aren’t in danger of being closed to riding.
- Did you know? Many employers will match your tax deductible donation to IMBA‘s Annual Fund dollar-for-dollar. Ask your company´s personnel or benefits office for a matching gift form for gifts to non-profit organizations. Complete your portion of the form and send it to IMBA Membership Services at 207 Canyon Boulevard, Suite 301, Boulder, CO 80302. Thank you.
- Big Shot bikes is giving away a free shirt with every bike order the month of December.
- Rapha is giving away a free shipping on all orders in December, and a free merino hat, worth $50, with orders of $150 or more until Christmas Eve. Just add the hat to your basket and type in HOTHEAD10 as the coupon code.
Fleur de Lis, $12.00.
Chalk Stripe, $195.00