Another Aesthetic Doozy From Independent Fabrication: Titanium Deluxe “Transition” Paint

The guys over in the weird, industrial corner (I promised myself I wouldn’t say armpit) of  Somerville, MA just keep on cranking out the hits. Other than saying that this one is a mountain frame, made out of titanium, there really isn’t all that much to say, but there is a whole lot more to look at after the break…

Comments

topmounter - 11/18/10 - 2:49pm

zoom OUT please

Kovas - 11/18/10 - 3:15pm

YEAH, ZOOM OUT PLEEEZ… Let’s see that badboy in all its glory.

Brado - 11/18/10 - 4:00pm

That is a beauty

professore - 11/18/10 - 5:36pm

Didn’t Spot Brand already do this years ago?

Andy - 11/18/10 - 6:38pm

I HAVE BLUE BALLS! ZOOM OUUUUUUUUT!!!

Gillis - 11/18/10 - 8:06pm

I custom painted my cross bike this way more than 7 years ago. And to be honest I got the idea from a similarly done DeRosa at the time.
End of story is that the paint scheme is not new/original….bike still wicked awesome.

adam - 11/19/10 - 2:06am

Oh man, I can’t find where the author of the post says that IF CAME UP WITH A BRAND NEW NEVER BEFORE SEEN DESIGN!!!! WTF is wrong with you? Nobody ever implied it was a new/original paint scheme. Get over yourselves. You’re not old school. You’re not cooler then anyone else, and your taste sucks.

palmermtb - 11/19/10 - 10:22am

Why the f*** would you ever paint Ti?!!!!! I don’t get it. Ti and carbon should always be displayed naked. Painting Ti is blasphemous.

Tyler - 11/19/10 - 8:09pm

BTW… the customer designed the paint job, we just executed it to their spec. And… it’s okay to paint titanium, if that is what you want to do. If you don’t want to then don’t, its not like anyone is saying bad things about Jesus or anything, they are just painting a bicycle. And… yeah, maybe something like that has been done before. We’re just trying to make people’s dreams come true, in the USA, by hand. xoxo, Tyler.

[...] posting the close up shots of this I.F. Ti-Deluxe with its “Transition” paint, there were quite a few requests to [...]