Interbike 2010: X Fusion Hilo 100 Adjustable Height Seat Post
When you think about it, the transition from oil damped suspension to hydraulically operated height-adjust seat posts makes complete sense. There is way more to building a quality adjustable seat post than making it look good and easier to operate, like torsion, impact, seals, etc. In my book the suspension companies are already ahead of the game due to their vast knowledge of how to overcome stiction, bushing play, and long term durability when it comes to moving parts.
The Hilo will be offered in the most standard seat post sizes of 27.2, 30.9, and 31.6 and will come stock with a lever actuated drop mechanism.
However, aftermarket kits will be available to change your Hilo into a remote operated unit. The Hilo 100 naturally features 100mm of infinitely adjustable travel, or just under 4 inches.
The side mounted single bolt saddle clamp is similar to others on the market, and should guarantee precise adjustment of saddle angle
Check out some more product photos, and full specs after the break!
The Hilo will be available in an all black version and mostly black with silver accents.
Pictured above is the conversion kit for the remote lever, which is clearly pretty well thought out. The cable is anchored into the back of the seat post and features a barrel adjuster to keep things adjusted properly, and a flexible noodle and boot to keep things clean.
Hilo 100 Features:
- Hydraulic design allows for smooth adjustability
- Double key-way design prevents lateral twisting
- Passes CEN testing for fatigue and impact
- Wide range of seatpost angle adjustment
- Optional handlebar remote
- Easily convertible from lever-actuation to remote handlebar actuation or vice-versa (with aftermarket kit)
- Lightweight design 1.3 lbs (0.6 kg)
- : 100mm
- : 620g
- : 27.2 / 30.9 / 31.6 mm
- : Seat Post Angle Adjustable Infinitive Travel Adjustable Remote Control
- : matte silver, black