New Race Face Turbine XC/AM Bottom Bracket
Race Face has developed a new bottom bracket that’s user serviceable, durable and lightweight. It’s engineered for trail riders that want a high performance BB that lasts.
Called the Turbine, it uses a custom 6805 16 ball retainer bearings with Titanium coated races for solid corrosion resistance and a custom triple wiper seal to better retain grease and keep contaminants out. The bearings are factory filled with Phil Wood waterproof grease, which has been tested and proven to extend bearing life.
Externally, the cups are forged and CNC machined from aerospace 6066 aluminum with a smoothed, shortened tool interface that looks sleek but still has plenty of surface area to keep it from slipping when adjusting it.
More pics and full feature list after the break…
- Bearings are fully serviceable with our BBEXI tool.
- Tapered wall spindle construction to minimize weight.
- Custom CNC tool interface shaves weight while ensuring positive engagement with standard Shimano and Park tools.
- Interchangeable with select Shimano and FSA external mountain BB systems.
SPECS & COLOURS:
- BUILT FOR: XC and AM
- WEIGHT: 85 grams
- COLORS: Pewter with Silver decal
- COMPATIBILITY: 68/73 mm shells