Fizik Launches New Cycling Shoes
First Giro, and now Fizik…lots of new options for keeping your tootsies happy on the bike.
Via BikeEurope’s Press Room: Todayâ€™s philosophy of saddle maker Selle Royal (fiâ€™zi:k, Brooks, Selle Royal) is to create solutions for all the contact zones between the rider and the bike. In that philosophy is the development of a shoe a natural step, after creating a seatpost, grips and special tape for the handlebar.
The fiâ€™zi:k team spent two years developing the new shoe range. True to their values of quality, comfort, design and innovation, they used only the finest materials, all handmade in Italy, most famous for its fashionable shoe design.
For the insole fiâ€™zi:k sought partnership with the famous French orthopedic brand SIDAS to create a moldable insole. The range consists of 2 models, R1 and R3. R stands for Road. The missing R2 is probably filled in next season, and fiâ€™zi:k is going to develop also a mountainbike model for 2012.
R1 is a elite shoe just for men. R3 is a premium shoe both for men and women. Features of the fiâ€™zi:k road shoe:
- Uppers constructed from kangaroo leather or microfiber, trimmed with sail cloth straps and topped off by a carbon fiber or aluminum buckle.
- Revolutionary moldable insole, engineered in partnership with SIDAS technologies.
- Power transfer realized by the 3D flex mobius outsole.
- Light weight, R1 270 grams, R3 274 grams, R3 women 218 grams.
- Buckle from hex mc molded carbon fiber loading lever, aluminum release lever, stainless steel base â€“ R3 model.
- Heel skid plate.
- Sail cloth closureÂ straps, lightweight, extremely strong and weather resistant sail cloth for the closure straps.