New and Updated Road, Cyclocross and Mountain Bike Tires from Hutchinson
Along with the new RT1 carbon clincher road tubeless wheelset they introduced at Press Camp, Hutchinson had a number of updates and new tires for all manner of riding. In some cases, particularly with the Atom and Fusion, a lot of the news is that they’re finally shipping and there are some new colors on the horizon.
For the mountain bike side, they’re starting to grow their 29er line now that the German Off-Road Series has finally decided to allow 29ers in their races, which has spurred market growth for big wheel mountain bikes there.
Shown above are the road and cyclocross tires, and the news is:
Bulldog and Piranha CX Cyclocross tires
– new carbon bead (versus kevlar)
– bead stays in place better
– allows you to run lower pressures
– still at 34c wide
– Tubeless ready
– first sub-200g tire from them
– now shipping (shown at Interbike)
– red, black and silver
– blue, pink and yellow coming in about 6 weeks, white in 2011
– polyamid flat protection belt
– 120 max psi
– shown at Interbike, started shipping couple months ago
– same colored sidewalls as Atom Comp
– colored sidewalls are a little more rigid, which they say helps improve rebound control
Make the jump to see the new mountain bike tires…
Shown on top, the Toro gets a new 2.35 size for both 26″ and 29er models, adding to the limited market of beefier, freeride worthy options for 29ers.
The other tire is the Hutchinson Cobra, which has a 29er version in development. Targeted launch is sometime in spring 2011.