Here’s your first almost-complete look at Stan’s NoTubes forthcoming road tubeless wheelsets, which as many have suspected will use American Classic hubs laced to their lightweight ~350g Alpha 340 ZTR road rim.
Using the same inside rim cavity design as their mountain bike rims, the Stan’s NoTubes road wheels are tubeless compatible and will work with the current offerings from Hutchinson, Bontrager, etc., using Stan’s yellow rim tape and valve.Â If you’re not overly familiar with what makes Stan’s NoTubes rims different and special, we have a full tech rundown and interview with Stan here, and a road tubeless tire tech rundown from Hutchinson here.
UPDATED! More photos and info after the break!
Check after the break for the “quick and dirty” specs, pricing and weights from Mike at NoTubes…
Basic specs on the Alpha 340 ZTR rims include:
- tubeless compatible with two layers of our 21mm yellow tape and the Alpha 44mm valve
- rims weigh approximately 350g
- 17mm inside width for better tire stability, particularly for tubeless cyclocross use
- rims available in 28h and 32h to start, black only, machined sidewall, sleeved rim joint
Three different wheelsets will be offered at different weights and price points:
- Alpha 340 Pro
- American Classic Micro 18h front hub
- American Classic 24h Hi-Lo rear hub (16 drive, 8 non-drive).
- Radially laced front, 3x-radial rear.
- Black Aerolite spokes with silver alloy DT nipples.
- Claimed weight of 1200g
- MSRP $1100
- Includes our padded double wheel bag.
- Alpha 340 Team
- American Classic Micro 24h front
- American Classic 28h standard rear.
- Target weight of 1310g
- MSRP $900
- Alpha 340 Comp
- ZTR 28h front hub
- ZTR 32h rear
- Target weight of 1415g
- MSRP $615
UPDATE #1: The “Team” model is Stan’s recommendation for cyclocross, because we know you were already thinking about it.
UPDATE #2: Pro sets are available in very limited quantity right now.Â Team and Comp should be June/July timeframe.
More info and photos are rolling in, keep a tab open on your browser and put that Refresh button to work.