Shimano SLX 3×10 Tech Specs and Photos
SEA OTTER CLASSIC 2010 – Along with the XT group, Shimano gave the versatile SLX mountain bike component group the new Dynasys treatment by shrinking the gear range on the front and expanding the cassette to 10 speeds.
For a full technical run down of why Dynasys 3×10 is Shimano’s latest and greatest, check out this video and this post.Â Here, we’ve got the run down on the SLX Dynasys components and some tasty photos.Â The basics include a 10-speed cassette mated to a 42-32-24 (versus the standard 44-32-22) chainring set, a directional chain like Dura-Ace and now XT and revised derailleurs and rear shifter.Â All new parts are marked with the Dynasys logo, but otherwise look very similar to the current group aesthetic.
Hit ‘more’ for the goods…
RD-M663 â€“ SLX Shimano Shadow Rear Derailleur
- Low Profile Shimano Shadow rear derailleur design reduces the component profile by 15mm less than a traditional design in high gear.
- Top normal spring design to mesh with the more common choice of RapidFire shifters for trail / all-mountain riding
- Available in long cage (SGS)
- Total capacity: 43T (SGS) MSRP: $89.99
- Specific 10s cage design
- Available in Top Swing, conventional, or E-type configurations to mount on most any frame
- Adaptable clamp means one size fits all for 28.6, 31.8, 34.9 and multi-pull allows top or bottom cable pull
- Set screws are angle outward for easier adjustment on some full suspension designs
- Clamp band positions the same for 9 and 10s versions
- Cage profiled for more tire clearance
- MSRP: $$49.99
- Additional rear shifter option with 10s vs. 9s
- Alloy main lever 2-way release trigger allows thumb or finger actuation
- Two position clamp band for tune-able ergonomics
- Removeable optical gear display MSRP: $64.99 (set, front same as 9s)
- Hollowtech II design maximizes stiffness while keeping weight to a minimum
- Precision two-piece construction for perfect chainline and chainwheel alignment.
- 42T-32T-24T Graphite / Steel composite middle ring adds rigidity for better shifting, increases service life, and smoothly delivers powers to the cassette.
- Outboard bearings maximize stability and stiffness
- MSRP: $239.99
- Largest 3 cogs on spider for light and rigid construction
- 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-32-36 and 11-13-15-17-19-21-23-26-30-34
- Alloy lock ring
- MSRP: $84.99
- HG-X directional chain Inner and outer plates feature asymmetrical design to optimize front and rear shifting
- Zinc-alloy plated for maximum durability
- Uses standard connecting pin
- MSRP: $44.99