Prototype 2011 Specialized P3 Dirt Jump Mountain Bikes Spotted
VitalMTB has a sneak peak at 2011 Specialized P3 prototype dirt jump bikes.Ã‚Â These are so fresh that even our boy over at Big S doesn’t have photos of them, so we’re borrowing VMTB’s video.Ã‚Â Here are the bullet points:
- 2011 P3 will be frameset only, P2 will be sold as completes.
- Frame weight, 4.7lbs
- Frame price, $500, includes headset, seat, post and rear dropout hardware for SS or gears
- Tapered headtube designed around integrated headset
- 69 degree head angle, 1/2 degree steeper than 2010
- 12.25-inch bottom bracket height, raised from 2010
- They removed the 6mm offset from the rear end to better accomodate aftermarket SS rear hubs
- Strengthened junction at seat tube/top tube/seat stays
- Cable guides for full shifter and brake housing
- Lower standover than 2010 P series frames
- 22.5-inch top tube length
We did get word from Specialized that they’ll have a number of new goodies to show us at Sea Otter, including bikes and tires, among other things…stay tuned.