Foes Racing 2:1 FXR Trail Bike Gets Redesign for 2010
Brent Foes has done an extensive redesign on the Foes Racing 2:1 FXR trail mountain bike for 2010.Ã‚Â The 160mm (6.5″) travel bike drops a little weight while becoming stiffer and stronger by incorporating a new tapered head tube and new tube shaping.Ã‚Â Here are some of the highlights, per Foes:
- First, it looks beautiful; the monocoque has undergone a dramatic redesign which results in not only a stunning more elegant profile, but a lighter frame that curiously has shown in tests to be stronger and stiffer.
- The new 2010 has a tapered head-tube.
- Sleek new 2010 Swing-arm design with slender styling on the chain stays near the cranks for better foot clearance.
- Changes to swing arm design to create clear sight lines to rocker arm bolts to visually check status and provide easy quick access o those bolts.
- The frame comes complete with the Foes Racing proprietary replaceable ISCG mount.
- For 2010 the 2:1 FXR will be available with one of two different swing arm configurations; 135 quick release or optional 150 12mm thru axle versions (with the floating brake).
- On the 150 spacing rear version the floating brake arm neatly straddles the swing arm making removal neat and efficient (nothing falls off), the wheel will be a zero dish wheel on this version as opposed to the old off-set wheel.
- Hammerschmidt compatible.
Foes is taking pre-orders now for delivery in mid-December 2009, and for the first time ever, they’re offering full build kits that offer pretty substantial discounts off MSRP if you had to build it up yourself!Ã‚Â Hit ‘more’ to see some action shots and the specs and build kits with pricing…
These photos, along with the white glamour shot on the beach, were shot in Italy. Molto bene.
The 2010 Foes FXR comes in two frame configurations and two shock options:
- Frameset w/ Curnutt XTD Air shock and 150mm thru-axle: $3,149
- Frameset w/ Curnutt XTD Air shock and 135mm QR: $3,049
- Frameset w/ Fox DHX 5.0 Air shock w/ adjustable shock length and 150mm thru-axle: $2,599
- Frameset w/ Fox DHX 5.0 Air shock w/ adjustable shock length and 135mm QR: $2,499
Once you’ve picked the frame/shock combo you want, you can add one of the three build kits below for a complete 2010 Foes FXR priced inline with other high-end mountain bikes.Ã‚Â Just add the price of the frame/shock with the kit you want for your total:
The Foes FXR Elite TA (Thru Axle) build kit retails for $2,144 and has the 150mm rear axle hub.
The Foes FXR Elite retails for $2,014 with a standard 135mm QR hub.
The Foes FXR Sport retails for $1,596.