Interbike 2009 – Camelbak’s New Podium Ice Insulated Bottle
INTERBIKE 2009 – Camelbak was showing off a handful of their new Podium Ice insulated water bottles. Ã‚Â Since we reviewed their current bottles, including the ChillJacket insulated version, with the summary of “Best Water Bottle Ever,” we may have to throw this one to the top of the heap when we get a chance to ride with it.
The Podium Ice uses Aerogel, an extreme loft insulation that won’t break down with movement (ie. you squeezing it repeatedly), so it’ll keep its insulating properties at 100% for the life of the bottle. Ã‚Â While the current ChillJacket version promises 2x the insulating power, the Podium Ice promises 4x.
Seeing as how the ChillJacket kept my water cold on a summer ride for more than two hours, this new one should be all you’ll need. Ã‚Â At $20 MSRP, it ain’t cheap for a 21oz bottle, but can you really put a price on a cold drink on a blistering ride? Ã‚Â We didn’t think so. Ã‚Â Other stats:
- Bottle Weight: 120g
- Water Volume: 620 ml (21 oz)
- Bottle Material: TruTasteÃ¢â€žÂ¢ Polypropylene
- Anti-Microbial: HydroGuardÃ¢â€žÂ¢
- Features CamelBakÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s always open, always shut JetValveÃ¢â€žÂ¢
- Available in three colors: frost/blue, frost/black and frost/white
- Retail Availability: March 1, 2010