New Book: Zinn and the Art of Road Bike Maintenance
PRESS RELEASE: The new Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is here! Newly updated to include the latest tech in cycling, Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is the best organized and illustrated guide to maintaining a bicycle. The book is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online.
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance has become one of the world’s best-selling books on bicycle care. This smartly organized and clearly illustrated guide-now in 2 colors for easier reference-can make a mechanic out of anyone. Lennard Zinn’s expert advice turns road bike maintenance, repair, and upgrades into quick work.
With Zinn’s book anyone can properly maintain, tune, fix, or upgrade a bicycle to ensure years of trouble-free riding. Newcomers and experienced mechanics alike will benefit from hundreds of illustrations, exploded views of how components go together, and Zinn’s practical, time-saving tips. Zinn’s friendly advice is confidence-inspiring, and his years of experience make tackling even the most daunting task fun and easy.
Zinn covers all the latest high-tech equipment without neglecting older, tried and true bike technology. In 440 pages, this new edition includes:
- The basics: For those whose mechanical skills stop at pumping tires, Zinn’s guidance will demonstrate how to maintain a bike in perfect condition.
- The advanced: Zinn has time-saving tips to speed work on difficult tasks. Zinn covers integrated spindle cranks, carbon forks, internal headsets, ceramic bearings, and more with exploded diagrams to show the way.
- The latest tech: Zinn explores the ins and outs of the newest components including: Campagnolo’s 11-speed, Shimano’s electronic Dura-Ace, SRAM’s Red shifters, Campagnolo’s Ultra-Torque cranks, and more.
- Older components: Zinn’s years of experience help cyclists make sense of old metal.
- Cyclocross: New cyclocross-specific information throughout, along with more pro tips, more illustrations, more recommendations – more of what you need to know.
The 3rd Edition is 440 pages, hasÃ‚Â 2-color charts, tables throughout and B&W illustrations.Ã‚Â It retails for $24.95 (or $16.47 on Amazon.com).
Lennard Zinn is one of the world’s leading authorities on bicycle repair. A master frame builder and an enthusiastic rider and mechanic, Zinn is also a technical writer for VeloNews magazine. Zinn is the bestselling author of Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance and producer of a 4-hour instructional DVD of the same title. Zinn is also author of Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn’s Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner’s Manual.