Chrome Launching Casual Cycling Shoes
Chrome, known for their messenger bags, knickers and riding gear, is launching their Red Soles line of shoes tomorrow (Thursday). Ã‚Â Prices range from $70 to $90 per pair, and four models will be offered.Ã‚Â All styles are made of 1000 denier Cordura and feature:
- Gusseted tongue to keep the weather out
- Reflective strip on the heel for enhance visibility
- Binding tape on all exposed edges increasing material durability
- Crash Pad for heel protection
- Texon board in the forefoot to prevent pedal poke.
- Glass filled stiffening nylon shank in the mid sole to increase pedal stroke leverage.
- 55A durometer outsole for better pedal grip
- Steel aglets and eyelets
- Toe cap for easy entry into cage
- Deep heel cup and arch support in insole for enhanced fit while riding
Chrome says they paid particular attention to making the “fit” correct for cycling, making them really comfortable when pedaling. Ã‚Â More pics after the break…
The Midway is the mid-top.
The Arnhem isn’t shown…we’re waiting on pics.