SRAM XX Gets First National Championship at Firecracker 50
FROM MIXED SOURCES: Subaru Gary Fisher teammates, Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski and wife Heather Irmiger set new course records for the Firecracker 50, which is recognized as the US National Marathon Championships. Held in Breckenridge each year, this year’s course featured a start line elevation of 9,000Ã¢â‚¬â„¢ with climbs up to 11,000 feet.
JeremyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s win marks SRAMÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s first National Championship victory with the all new XX component group. JHK raced his Gary Fisher Superfly 100 equipped with XX components, and RockShox Reba suspension fork and Monarch rear shock.
Heather raced on her Gary Fisher Superfly built with SRAM X.O, RockShox Reba suspension fork and Monarch rear shock, Avid Juicy Ultimate disc brakes, and Truvativ Noir cranks.
Pua Sawicki continued her streak of just missing the National Championship win over the past few years, finishing in 2nd place after battling through a sinus infection for the week of and during the race.
Hit ‘more’ for top 5 results for men and women…
- Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Gary Fisher/Subaru,Ã‚Â SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ)
- Jeremiah Bishop (MonaVie/Canondale)
- Jay Henry (Tokyo JoeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s)
- Peter Stetina (Tokyo JoeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s)
- Colin Cares (Kenda/Tomac/Hayes)
- Heather Irmiger (Gary Fisher/Subaru,Ã‚Â SRAM, RockShox, Avid, Truvativ)
- Pua Sawicki (Ellsworth)
- Gretchen Reeves (Tokyo JoeÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s)
- Krista Park (Incycle/Magura/Notubes)
- Heather Holmes (Kenda/Tomac/Hayes)