Make Your Own Bike Lane…With Lasers!
Lightlane, a prototype device by Alex Tee and Evan Gant, creates a laser-generated bicycle lane of light on the pavement beside and behind your bike, giving drivers a visual cue to give you more room.
Granted, it only really works at night, and then generally under darker conditions, but the concept is sweet. Ã‚Â Developed for a design contest (which they didn’t win), interest was sufficient that they’re moving forward with development. Ã‚Â Despite the picture above, the actual unit is being designed to have a standard red blinky light, and green laser lines on the ground.
Hit ‘more’ for a real pic of prototype in action and video after the break…
- High Visibility DPSS Green Lasers
- Super-Bright Red LEDÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s
- 3-Hour Runtime on rechargeable Li-Ion battery
- Robust universal attachment bracket
- Compatible with universal mobile-phone charger standard
- Patent Pending