Giant 29er Mountain Bike Ships Next Week!
- Optimized Geometry to ride Ã¢â‚¬Å“inÃ¢â‚¬Â the bike not Ã¢â‚¬Å“onÃ¢â‚¬Â it.
- Special, Giant-designed Rim Ã‚Â with a square profile to offer a stiffer wheel, which they claim will offer a better ride.
- Frame tube manipulation to optimize stiffness.
- Tapered steering tube.
The first two models making their way to stores are the 29er “2”, which should hit next week, and the “1” should follow about a week later. Ã‚Â This info comes from leaked internal sales rep documents
Hit ‘more’ for specs and more pics…
GIANT XTC Ã‚Â 29er 1
- Aluxx hydroformed frame
- XT Rear Derailleur
- Fox 32 F-29 fork w/ 100mm travel
- Avid Juicy 3 brakes
GIANT XTC 29er 2
- Aluxx Hydroformed frame
- Deore drivetrain
- Marzocchi Forty-Niner Fork (w/ TS T2, 15QR thru-axle, 100mm travel)
- Alivio disk brakes
- Sizes: S, M, L, XL
- 71.5Ã‚Âº head angle (71.0Ã‚Âº on Small frames)
- 72.5Ã‚Âº seat tube angle (73Ã‚Âº on Small frames)
- 17.3″ (439mm) Chainstay