Geoff Kabush (CAN/Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain) surged on the final lap to overtake Sho-air/Specialized’s Max Plaxton (AUS) and secure the win in the Pro XCT’s inaugural event, the Fontana City National. Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo.) powered to victory over Luna teammate Catherine Pendrel (CAN) using the course’s long, flat finish to take the just over 30 second win in the women’s Pro XCT race.
With the wins, Kabush and Gould take the early lead on the seven-event Pro XCT. The latest version of the USA Cycling Pro Mountain Bike Cross Country Tour presented by Sho-air standings is as follows:
Men’s Individual Standings
1. Geoff Kabush (CAN/Team Maxxis-Rocky Mountain) 100
2. Max Plaxton (AUS/Sho-air-Specialized) 95
3. Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 90
4. Sam Schultz (Missoula, Mont./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 85
5. Adam Craig (Bend, Ore./Giant) 80
Women’s Individual Standings
1. Georgia Gould (Fort Collins, Colo./Luna) 100
2. Catherine Pendrel (CAN/Luna) 95
3. Heather Irmiger (Boulder, Colo./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 90
4. Emily Batty (CAN/Trek) 85
5. Willow Koerber (Asheville, N.C./Subaru-Gary Fisher) 80
Click here to view the complete 2009 Pro XCT Men’s Individual Standings and here to view the Women’s Inidvidual Standings.Ã‚Â The second race on the 2009 Pro XCT will be the Sea Otter Classic in Monterey, Calif., on April 19.