How to use SPD Pedals

Got some SPD pedals laying around?  Not sure what to do with them since they suck?  Watch and learn.

Have another use for them?  Send us video, pics or words and we’ll post it up.

(And, yes, this video is available in HD if you click on the “HD is off” button)

Comments

Ron Callahan - 10/14/08 - 12:13pm

Hmmm. Ideally, you would find a way to mount the pedals somewhere else on the bike so you could have decent pedals and be able to “drink and ride.” :-)

Editor - 10/14/08 - 1:18pm

This actually works better with the mountain SPD pedals, but all I had laying around were some old Shimano roadies from my first “real” road bike.

Lars - 10/14/08 - 1:22pm

Now I’m thirsty… That is the best damn use of a shotty ass 515 pedal I’ve ever seen! I think I’ll mount one above the trash can here at the shop. Racer 5 anybody?

mheyes - 10/15/08 - 9:34am

Whatever it takes to open a Yuengling’s is fine with me.

matt - 10/15/08 - 1:08pm

Maybe you should come up with something to do with broken crank brothers pedals.

spd’s don’t suck.

Editor - 10/15/08 - 3:14pm

Well, since the only broken Crank Bros eggbeater pedal I have is somewhere in the woods, I don’t have any laying around (I’m sure I could find something to do with the spindle, though)…they’re still my favorite though, but the new Speedplay mountain pedal looks interesting.

[...] Courtesy of BikeRumor.com. [...]

[...] courtesy of Hamel Family Wines, found via BikeBlogNYC. And if you prefer beer, here’s how to open a bottle of beer with your buddy’s SPD [...]