IMBA Hiring for New Trail Care Crew
IMBA’s 10-year-long Trail Care Crew program is searching for a full-time, professional two-person team position in the highly successfulÃ‚Â Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew program. This job requires a passion for mountain biking, excellent communication and volunteer organizational skills, and team compatibility.
The Crew will travel nearly all year in a specially outfitted 2009 Subaru Outback.
If this sounds like the dream job for you, send in your application on or before Oct. 3, 2008. Ã‚Â For a full job description, benefits and contact info, read more…
- Collaborate with mountain bikers, land managers, and other trail groups to help solve trail development and management challenges through sharing information about successful trail design philosophy and construction techniques.
- Lead IMBA Club Care presentations, one-day seminars and strategic planning sessions designed to improve IMBA-affiliated mountain bike club’s operational, outreach, and strategic capacity.
- Lead IMBA Trailbuilding Schools, one or two day seminars designed to improve the environmental and social sustainability of trails for mountain bikers, other trail users and land management agency personnel.
- Assist IMBA-affiliated clubs in establishing and growing IMBA-developed programs such as a National Mountain Bike Patrol unit, a Team IMBA fundraising event, or Take A Kid Mountain Biking Day celebration.
- Aid in the development of IMBA’s Ride Centers projects by providing educational services, expert consultation, and volunteer coordination services.
- Lead volunteer trailwork projects involving members of IMBA-affiliated mountain bike clubs, other trail users, and land managers.
- Represent IMBA at select festivals and events throughout the year.
- Communicate regularly by phone and email with the program coordinator and Field Programs Director, based in the IMBA office in Boulder, CO.
- Submit written journals and digital photos from the road on a regular basis for the IMBA website.
- Submit short written pieces for IMBA Trail News (topics will be assigned by IMBA).
- Conduct bike shop and sporting goods store presentations showcasing IMBA’s work and great places to ride around the world.
- Represent IMBA, the Trail Care Crew program, the sport of mountain biking, and Subaru of America in a positive, professional manner at all times.
The ideal candidates bring these qualities to the position:
- Passion for growing the sport of mountain biking and improving trails
- A very strong relationship with your spouse/long-time significant other (who will be your partner in this job) and the ability to spend a great deal of time with each other
- A sense of adventure
- A positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Computer savvy (ideal candidate will be proficient with Macintosh computers, software applications including Word, Excel, Mail, iCal. PhotoShop, Illustrator, and database experience helpful)
- Experience and passion for working with volunteers
- A monthly salary, plus a travel and living expense stipend
- Comprehensive medical benefits, including dental (available immediately)
- Deferred compensation retirement plan option
- Use of the official Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew 2009 Outback
Please send a cover letter and resumes by Oct. 3, 2008 to Spencer Powlison atÃ‚Â email@example.comÃ‚Â or to IMBA, P.O. Box 711, Boulder, CO 80306. The selected applicants will start work in January, 2009.
For more information on IMBA and the Subaru/IMBA Trail Care Crew Program, visitÃ‚Â http://www.imba.com/tcc