We are living in an age where things like this shouldn’t surprise us anymore. From smart phones, watches, cars and forks, (yup, look it up), we are more connected with the products we use more than ever, and in recent years we have seen cycling become more integrated with technology. From using our smart phone to track our rides & performance to the more recent crash detection systems, Livall has found what they think is the next innovation that meshes technology with cycling.
Check out Livall’s feature loaded Bling helmet system and a video of how it all comes together after the break…
To say Livall’s new Bling helmet, (or should we say “system” since it includes a handlebar mounted remote, phone holder, and cadence sensor), has several features is an understatement. Sure, if someone shows up to the A group ride wearing this, they may look like a fred, (sorry “Freds”), but recreational riders, commuters, and anyone that loves being “connected”, might give cycling more of a chance if the experience were to mirror some of the features of their car. It’s also worth mentioning that at 14 days left in their Indiegogo crowd funding campaign, they are at 830% of their fundraising goal. That says plenty about the demand for products like this being on the rise regardless of what some may think.
Aside from the obvious built-in rear light, there is not that much that makes the Bling helmet look that much different from any other random helmet on the market. Above the light is the “G-Sensor” which detects a crash and emits an S.O.S. signal via the helmets 80 LED lights as well as notifies emergency contacts.
In addition to the helmet, the system comes with a Bluetooth cadence sensor and a stem/phone holder that contains a rechargeable battery for extending battery life of the phone. The helmet and stem can be charged together when not in use to simplify the charging process. The bar mounted controller communicates with both the helmet and phone via Bluetooth and can control the turn signals, take pictures & video, be used to answer calls, view texts, as well as control the walkie-talkie function. It can also be used to scroll through and use the Livall app’s menu and functions.
Here is the extensive list of the Livall Bling helmet’s system features:
- LED Lighting System: illuminates the helmet with 80 LEDs and turning signals that safely replaces traditional hand signals.
- Walkie-Talkie function: communicates with other cyclists using a Bling helmet.
- Built-in Gravity Sensor: detects emergencies and activates emergency SOS calls.
- Nano Cadence Sensor: measures speed, distance, calories, and more.
- Battery Power Bank: charges phone.
- Bling Jet Remote Control: easily installs on the bike’s handle bars to connect to phone and helmet
- Phone Holder and Stem with Battery: securely snaps smartphone onto handle bars and charges the phone.
- LIVALL Riding App: analyzes ride, measures cadence, speed, (and more), takes photos and videos. Shares ride info on social media platforms. App works with other wearables devices.
- Use phone safely: makes/takes calls with wind-cancelling mic. Converts text messages to voice.
- Hi-Fi Bluetooth speaker for hands-free music: listen to music safely while cycling.
- 3 fashionable colors: Ferrari Red, Ocean Blue, Bumblee Yellow.
Go to their Indiegogo crowdfunding page for various purchasing options at a deep discount off of the $356 retail price (complete system).