If Strava wasn’t already social enough for your tastes, the mobile version of the app just got more friendly. Loaded onto your Android or Apple device, the new version of the app is easier to use and now allows for more pictures, comments, Kudos, and the ability to share it easily over social networks. In addition the app is now available in 11 different languages including Dutch, Japanese, Korean, Russian, and Traditional Chinese making ride sharing more global. There is even the ability to select a pair of running shoes or bike for each activity providing a virtual odometer for your gear so you can keep track of how many miles they have endured.
Many of the features have been available on Strava.com for a bit, but now they’re mobile! Check out the new features after the break.
- Photos – Users can upload photos through Instagram that will appear in their Stava feed. Originally introduced for Strava.com, the feature now comes to mobile.
- Comments and Kudos – have been made easier to give out, now requiring a single tap.
- Grouped Activities – rides with more than one person will show up as a group.
- Maps – Now friend’s activities will show up with a GPS tracked route on a map tile like they do on the web.
- Social Sharing – A one tap icon makes it even easier to annoy your friends on facebook, Path, and Twitter.
Strava 4.0 is available in the App Store and Google Play now, for free. It is also available with a premium membership that offers improved analytics and new real time notifications with audio updates at the beginning, middle, and end of segments. Premium memberships run $6 a month, or $59 a year.