Just in time for their national championship also in January, the Orange Monkey Pro Team has a new ride. Working closely with Polygon, the team is helping to debut the company’s first cyclocross bike, the Helios CX. The full carbon, disc equipped racer brings the Helios road pedigree to the mud just in time for the season finale.
Hop the barrier for more.
Featuring a full carbon frame and fork, the light weight Polygon is built up with the team’s sponsors including FFWD, Schwalbe UK, KCNC, Shimano via Madison UK, Prologo, and Taya chains. Quick release front and rear, the frame uses a tapered steerer, and post mount carbon disc brake fittings – though the rear is on the seat stay, which seems to be go against the trend.
Cable routing is neat and tidy along the top of the top tube, providing easily serviced external routing without interfering with shouldering or collecting a bunch of mud on the down tube.
Orange Monkey Pro Team Build:
- Polygon carbon disc-compatible Cyclo-Cross frame
- FFWD F6D wheelset
- Shimano Ultegra STI Levers
- Shimano Ultegra Road Disc Brakes
- Shimano Ultegra Front Derailleur
- Shimano Ultegra Rear Derailleur
- Taya DECA-101 Ultralight Chain
- Prologo Zero PAS Nago Evo Saddle
- KCNC K-Type RD1 Chainset & BB
- KCNC Ti Cassette
- KCNC Curve Handlebar
- KCNC Arrow Stem
- KCNC T1R Seatpost
- KCNC 160mm Razor Discs
- KCNC Headset
- Schwalbe Racing Ralph Tubular Tyres