Putting their money where the trail is, Bell Helmets is teaming up with IMBA for the 2013 Bell Built Trail grant contest. At this point after reviewing over 100 applications, the contest has been narrowed down to 12 finalists in three categories – flow trails, pump tracks/bike parks, and down hill trails. With $100k on the line, Bell and IMBA are looking for your votes to help decide which three winners will create awesome new trails with IMBA. What do you have to do? For starters, head over to the Bell Facebook page and click on the Bell Built App. I know, I know – Facebook apps, right? Don’t worry, this isn’t one of those “steal all your info, scam apps” and furthermore to get you to vote Bell will be hosting weekly giveaways for swag and a grand prize all expense paid Western Spirit mountain bike adventure for two.
Final grant recipients will be chosen based on a combination of public voting and input from Bell and IMBA, with the winner announced at Sea Otter on April 19.
Check out the finalists next to find the trail nearest you!
Raise your hand if you’ve done this before. Those of you who just raised your hands, good for you. Trails don’t simply appear – the take a lot of work, time, money, and hard working volunteers usually that get it done. Trust us, volunteering for a trail day will give you a new appreciation for your local trails. What better way to say thanks than the chance for a fat grant from Bell and IMBA?
The 12 finalists are:
Pump tracks/bike parks
- Bear River Bike Park: Routt County Riders, Steamboat Springs, CO
- Elm Creek Bike Park: Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists, Maple Grove, MN
- Rock Hill Skill Park: Rock Hill Bicycle Club, Rock Hill, SC
- Wolfe’s Pond Park: New York City Mountain Bike Association, Staten Island, NY
- Burke Bike Park/Jay Peak Resort: Kingdom Trail Association, Burke, VT
- Coldwater Mountain: Northeast Alabama Bicycle Association, Anniston, AL
- Corral Trail: Tahoe Area Mountain Biking Association, South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Hobbs Hollow Flow Trail: Hoosier Mountain Biking Association, Brown County, IN
- Overflow Trail: Copper Harbor Trails Club, Copper Harbor, MI
- Sandy Ridge Trail System: NW Trails Alliance, Bureau of Land Management, Brightwood, OR
- The BELLtway Trail/Launch Bike Park: Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association, Philadelphia, PA
- Zapata Falls Rec. Area: Bureau of Land Management, San Luis Valley, CO
What are you waiting for? Get over there and vote.