If there’s something we’re all suckers for – it’s a custom paint job. The team over at Specialized has been hard at work putting together a few killer new special edition bikes this year and this Ned Overend rig is a pleasant addition.
The Carve is their balling budget 29r hardtail, but no expense has been spared on this complete. Only 150 of these beauties will be produced, so head past the break to decide if it’s for you…
- Fully butted, smooth-welded M4SL alloy frame is superlight, stiff, and efficient, with 29er XC geometry, integrated headset, tapered head tube for front-end stiffness, plus bridge-less seatstays for compliance over bumps
- RockShox Sid 29 Brain fork, Solo Air spring, Brian Fade and rebound adjust, provides premium XC suspension performance
- Roval Control Carbon 29 wheelset is built for increased stiffness with durable alloy hubs, oversized 28mm end caps, and DT Swiss Super Comp spokes, gives riders more control to power over demanding terrain
- S-Works Fast Trak 29 2.0″ 2Bliss ready front tire features dual-compound rubber delivering exceptional speed and traction, while minimizing rotating weight
- Custom SRAM carbon, single speed specific XC crankset with 32t chainring and 19t alloy cog is built for strong, lightweight performance
- Custom Avid XO World Cup hydraulic brakes with tool-less reach adjust plus alloy-backed, semi-metallic pads for sure-fire stopping and precise modulation
The frame utilizes a split shell eccentric bottom bracket for SS compatibility.
We’ve reached out to Specialized for information regarding weight and MSRP and will update you once we learn more.
Hat tip to Mike for the tip! More via Specialized