For a second year event, the Philly Bike Expo has put together an impressive list of seminars, events, rides and parties. If you’re in the area or want to break away to the city of brotherly love and over aggressive parking enforcement with a worthless appeals process (feels good to vent, sorry Bina), here are some of the highlights:
- Bicycle Fashion Showcase is sponsored by Road Holland and produced by students and faculty of Philadelphia University’s Fashion Merchandising Department.
- Philadelphia food trucks serving up a wide range of taste sensations.
- Bike Valet service will be provided by Neighborhood Bike Works.
- Stroll the Concours d’Elegance for seminars by the Bicycle Coalition of Greater Philadelphia.
- Anne Lutz Fernandez, contributor to Streetsblog, and author of Carjacked will talk about “Riding in America’s Car Culture”.
- Ruchama Bilenky, (a certified yoga instructor and certified yoga therapist) will offer a class in “Yoga for Cyclists”.
- The “Philly’s Fastest Mechanic” contest will crown the technician who can assemble a complete bicycle in the shortest amount of time.
- Saturday afternoon ZombieCat alleycat race with a last-weekend-in-October theme
- Saturday night costume party at Keswick Cycle’s new University City location.
- Rapha Gentleman’s ride on Sunday morning and a Swap Meet hosted by NY Bike Jumble.
Other seminars and workshops include “Frame Materials Technology” presented by Wade Barocsi of Cycle Design, “Mountain Bike Design” presented by Drew Guldalian of Engin Cycles and “Eating on Two Wheels” presented by Tim Schlitzer maker of Try Chips. Mel Kornbluh’s popular “Tandem 101 Tandem Fit” will return for the second year, too.
If you’re local to Philadelphia, check out this greenway project and get vocal. (Thanks for the tip, Kurt!)