Mavic’s 2012 line is bringing their Exalith rim treatment down a price point on the new Cosmic Carbone SLE wheel-tire system.
Based on their Cosmic Carbone SL, the new setup uses their ultra-hard and durable alloy rim treatment to improve braking performance, particularly in foul weather. The side benefit is that it matches the carbon aero shell quite nicely, making them look super stealth.
They’ll ship with Mavic’s 120tpi front and rear specific Yksion tires that have a nylon breaker for puncture resistance. While the wheels are designed to perform best with their tires, you can run any clinchers on them. Specs and weights after the break…
- 52mm deep 12K carbon rims bonded to Exalith aluminum clincher tire bed and brake track
- Straight pull, bladed stainless steel spokes (16 radial front, 20 2x drive/radial ND rear)
- GripLink front clincher tire
- PowerLink rear clincher tire
- 120 TPI casings, front/rear specific tread compounds, nylon breaker for puncture resistance on both tires
- 1755 grams per pair (780 front, 975 rear) wheels only; complete system with tires and tubes = 2395 per pair (1100 f and 1295 r)
- Comes with: BR601 quick releases, Rim tape, Wheelbags, Exalith brake pads, Valve extender, Bearing adjustment tool (rear wheel), Spoke wrench (rear wheel), Spoke holder for aerodynamic spokes (rear wheel), User guide.
We’re working on getting MSRP, and we’ve inquired as to their suitability for cyclocross…updates as we get them.