Initially unveiled at Interbike last year, Voodoo’s new 5.5″ Zobop is in stock and shipping now. The Zobop relies on Joe Murray’s FPP, or Floating Pivot Point suspension linkage which puts it in the SDL (Short Dual Link) category. Up front the Zobob receives a tapered 1.5-1.125 Zerostack headtube to keep things stiff and low, with the addition of some beefy gussets on the top and down tubes.
Considering the Zobop’s incredibly low retail of $999, this could be a steal of an upgrade for any riders looking to get into full suspension, or even those looking to upgrade their current full sussers.
Want more details? Check it out after the break!
While the Zobop doesn’t offer some of the bells and whistles that some other new frames do in the forms of pressfit bottom brackets, and rear thru axles, this solidifies the Zobops position as a great upgrade frameset. Many riders who are looking to upgrade will still want to use their old parts, and other than the headset, just about everything should be compatible.
Like most tapered headsets, the Zobop’s ZS44/ZS56 will accommodate both straight 1.125 threadless forks, along with 1.125 to 1.5 tapered forks with the proper lower cup or crown race. Again this allows those who are upgrading to keep their current fork, but won’t prevent them from upgrading in the future if they choose to do so.
- Meaning “Secret Society”, Zobop is an All Mountain bike featuring Joe Murray’s FPP floating pivot point, anti-squat, 5.5″ travel suspension
- Differentially pivoting links constantly adjust to pedaling forces, rider weight distribution and bump frequency. FPP’s virtual arc offers amazing climbing efficiency, yet retains ideal descending plushness at any point in the range of travel
- 7005 butted aluminum tubing with a stiff unified rear triangle, replaceable hanger, disc brake only (51mm tabs)
- Monarch air/oil rear shock, replaceable hanger, Zero Stack ZS44 top/ZS56 bottom tapered headtube (headset not included)
- 140-150mm fork recommended
Check out Voodoo’s site for more information and geometry, and check your local bike shop for ordering!