Now that we’ve got that whole weight thing cleared up (U.S. weight is about 220g versus EU weight of 189g), we’ve got more photos of the new Giro Aeon along with the official press release, pricing, etc. Jump past the break to see it all…
This is the Metallic Titanium color. The Red/Black/White from our first post and three other regular colors will be offered plus three limited edition models: World Champion, Garmin-Cervelo and Rabobank. Eight total. U.S. pricing is $250.
SPECS: (from Giro)
- Only 222 grams (size M, CPSC certified), this helmet is almost 25% lighter than Ionos™ and almost as light as the Prolight™, our lightest production helmet.
- 24 Wind Tunnel™ Vents are enhanced with internal channeling to actively move air through the helmet for maximum cooling.
- New Thermoformed SL Roll Cage™ is 49% lighter than previous composite designs, and allows maximum vent size while helPing the helmet to retain structure in the event of an impact.
- Roc Loc® 5 Fit System allows rider to easily dial-in both fit tension and adjust vertical position with a single hand thanks to a ratcheting, micro-?adjusting dial.
- Ultra-?light “Slimline”
- Webbing• X-?Static® Padding fights odor-?causing bacteria
- 3 Super Fit™ Sizes: S, M, L (will accommodate 98% of human population)
- Certified to CPSC standard
- Available in 8 colorways including 3 limited editions: World Champion, Garmin-?Cervélo, and Rabobank.
- Price $250