We got a sneak peek of this bike before the show, and here’s the full build.
Nick Crumpton described it as being built up for “riding for fun, getting on the dirt and going fast.” At at 16.25lbs with a trick build by Fair Wheel Bikes, it should definitely be fun. Of course, by that, he means it’s not made for hucking, jumping or “all mountain” use where there is a higher risk of major frame impacts. The frame is just 1017g with all hardware.
Last year’s Corsa M road bike is now fully refined and ready for order, and for the first time ever, he’s added some options to the SL road bike frameset, letting you customize more than just the geometry. Check it all out after the break…
The rear end on this model is an FRM (Italian) tubeset, but he working on his own design to replace it by the time he starts taking orders (and this show bike was sold on the first day).
To get the lightweight build, you’re looking at some high end parts from Tune, Ashima, ENVE, Morion, Syncros and Specialized with a SRAM XX drivetrain.
Crumpton: “Light carbon doesn’t take impacts, so if the bike you’re replacing has a bunch of dings, this probably isn’t for you.”
The Corsa M debuted at last year’s show and is now fully refined and ready to go. Last year it was painted, but I like his matte raw carbon finish better because it showcases his impeccable construction skills.
The SL road bike now comes with a number of options to bring various parts of the bike up to the latest standards, allow for Shimano’s Di2 electronic group and more.
Base price is $5,300 with an ENVE 2.0 fork and full custom geometry. From there, the new options are their prices are:
- true IS headset $125 with Cane Creek IS headset
- internally routed rear brake cable that’s “done f—ing right” with 304 stainless steel tubing inside. It only adds 20g to the frame. $300
- fully internal Di2 cable routing with their own short battery mount $400 prewired and sealed
- ISP with either Ritchey Superlogic or WCS alloy $300/$125
- discreet, tapered carbon seat stays (versus standard wishbone) $300
- PF30 with ceramic hybrid BB install for $175
- upgrade to ENVE 1.0 fork for $200