UPDATE: Yep, we’d already posted this…just below, if you’re interested.Ã‚Â If you haven’t noticed, we’ve got some fine new talent contributing to Bikerumor, now I’ve gotta start double checking the site to make sure I don’t duplicate their efforts!Ã‚Â Good job, Zach, you beat me on this one!
RockShox has just announced an all-new suspension fork model, the Sektor, intended to fall below Revelation and be the “Bulldog of 150mm travel” suspension forks.
The Sektor will have three sprin and three axle options at launch.Ã‚Â 9mm quick release, 15mm thru-axle and 20mm Maxle options will allow for any type wheel or hub you may have to fit.Ã‚Â Inside, it’ll have coil, Solo Air or U-turn suspension bits.Ã‚Â The forged 6061 T6 aluminum crown holds Motion Control, lockout and rebound adjustment knobs.Ã‚Â Lowers are also aluminum. Here’s RockShox’s blurb:
The sleek new trail suspension from RockShox can only be described as a modern trail fork that transcends all. With a diverse range of options and an amazing price to performance ratio, this trail blazer can hang with it’s more refined counterpart, RockShock’s very own Revelation.
Revelation set the bar for all front suspension that performs in the 150 mm travel arena. To continue the RockShox promise we hard to work hard to uphold performance and low weight in such an affordable fork. The “outside the box” approach in spring and weight development really tells the story about creativity and innovation in product development.
Full specs and such after the break…
- Solo Air and Coil Sektor: 130, 140, 150 mm travel
- U-Turn Sektor: 100-140 mm or 110-150 mm travel
- Damping: Motion Control (RL), TurnKey Lockout (TK), external rebound (R)
- Forged, hollow 6061-T6 aluminum crown
- 32 mm 7075 aluminum upper tubes
- Redesigned external rebound adjuster
- 9 mm QR, 15 mm thru-axle, 20 mm Maxle Lite options available
- 1 1/8″ steerer, tapered 1 1/8″- 1 1/2″ steerer, 1 1/2″ steerer options
Claimed weight is 4.33 lbs for the Sektor RL (Solo Air, 20 Maxle Lite).Ã‚Â Price TBD.