Want to share your take on cycling news and products with a few hundred thousand readers every month?
We’re looking for a couple of good writers that can contribute content to Bikerumor.com.Ã‚Â In particular, we want people that are passionate about cycling and the gear, tech, toys, bikes and components — you know, all the shiny new bits we lust after! — and that can write well and tell the story behind the products and people that make our industry tick.
Sound interesting?Ã‚Â Click ‘more’ for details…
Bikerumor.com was launched in July 2008 and has quickly become one of the top cycling news and product review sites in the world.Ã‚Â We provide quality, timely coverage of the products, tech, people and (of course) rumors that keep the bicycle industry’s wheels spinning .
EXPECTATIONS: The ideal candidates must:
- Be able to write clearly, concisely and with good grammar and spelling.
- Be able to effectively communicate a product’s features, benefits and performance.
- Be knowledgeable of a variety of bicycle and component types (road, mountain, commuter, etc.).
- Be honest, reliable and accountable.
- Be able to meet deadlines.
- Be able to consistently produce quality articles.
- Be able to gain online response from readership.
- Be fresh and timely with subject matter.
- Be able to edit and/or create images for web use.
Additionally, having a basic understanding of social media, HTML and photography is a solid bonus.
OPPORTUNITY: Initial opportunities are short-term (one month), non-paid “internships” that allow both of us to see if it’s a good fit.Ã‚Â We’ll provide you with a steady flow of links and topics and see how you do with those.Ã‚Â We’d also like to see what you come up with on your own.Ã‚Â During your internship, we’ll review your work, offer guidance and judge your style, grammar and ability.Ã‚Â The best writers may be offered paid, ongoing writing work, the opportunity to review bikes and gear plus potential travel to major cycling events and tradeshows.
BENEFITS: Depending on the quality and quantity of your work, interns and writers may expect some or all of the following benefits:
- Have their writing appear in front of 350,000+ cycling enthusiasts every month
- Professional editorial review of their writing
- Use and review (and sometimes keep) cycling products and gear
- Paid travel to Interbike and/or other cycling events
WHAT TO DO: In order to offer each writer a solid opportunity and proper editorial guidance, there are a limited number of internship opportunities available.Ã‚Â If you would like to be considered, please use our Contact Form to email us and include the following:
- Links to several online writing samples
- Any cycling industry experience
- Why you want to write for Bikerumor
- Educational background
- City, State and Country where you live*
Also please answer:
- What types of riding do you do?
- Approximately how many times do you ride in an average week?
- What type of cycling, events or products would you like to write about?
- Approximately how much time would you be able to commit to writing for Bikerumor each week?
*This opportunity is not limited to U.S. residents, however you must be able to write in proper conversational English.