- Hit the Trails in the Austrian Alps with the Four Peaks Race – Next summer will be the fourth edition of the four-day Four Peaks mountain bike stage race (presented by Protective & Bike) and another chance to take in the amazing scenery that makes up the Salzburg and Tyrol Alps in Austria. Four days of racing at Saalfelden, Leogang, and Kirchberg explores some of the Europe’s best mountain biking. From June 15-18, a max of 1,000 riders will tackle a 207km course with 8,143m of climbing. Registration is limited and opens on Tuesday, Nov 24th. Bike-FourPeaks.de
Posts in the category Where to Ride
- Photographer Justin Olsen Auctions a Print of and for Paul Basagoitia – To raise money to help Paul on his road to recovery after his recent Rampage crash, Olsen is auctioning off a single limited edition canvas print of a photo he has captured, and which marked a major career milestone for Paul. All production costs were covered by Paul’s Scott team, and all proceeds will go to his Road to Recovery fund. Only two prints of this photo will be made, one to the winner and one to Paul himself. Head over to Ebay to get in on it, as there are just 2 days left.
Mountain biking AMA
- Mountain Bike Pioneers webcast with Mike Sinyard – For the fourth in Mission Workshop and Bike Magazine’s Ask a Founder series, Mike Sinyard of Specialized will take user suggested questions on the early days and growth of mountain biking. Join in by asking Mike a question on twitter using #AskSinyard. Tune in live on Saturday, Oct 10 at 7PM PST on Bikemag.com. There is limited space to join live at Mission Workshop in San Francisco, so email if interested to secure a spot: RSVP@missionworkshop.com.
While we were running through the halls of Eurobike a couple of weeks ago and head into the massive Vegas convention center of Interbike this week to dig up the next greatest new bikes and gear for the next year, you have the chance to get outside in the wilds of Colorado to ride all the new mountain toys without the tradeshows wearing you down. On the slopes above Vail, the Outlier Offroad is a last hurrah of summer mountain biking, with the opportunity to demo new bikes all day, enjoy a few beers with friends all evening, and even compete for the $25,000 of prize money for the richest bootleg XC and enduro races ever.
It all happens in a week and a half, from September 25-27, so jump past the break quickly and get all the details…
WARNING: This video features no riding whatsoever.
Travel & Touring
- Hipcamp Launches “Airbnb” for Outdoors | Unlocks Private Lands – Hipcamp, the website that makes getting outside fun and easy, is bringing the sharing economy, made popular by Airbnb, to the outdoors. Check out Hipcamp’s Land Sharing video to be transported to these unspoiled lands. Be sure to turn up the volume to get the full effect! Hipcamp.com
More news and pumptrack event info after the break…
- UNA PIZZA BIKE SHOW – FEATURING ANTHONY MANGIERI & SEAN WALLING from Baby Blue Film on Vimeo. This is a story about legendary Pizza Chef Anthony Mangieri of Una Pizza Napoletana and handmade steel frame bicycle builder Sean Walling of Soulcraft Bicycles.
Memorial Day Sales
- FitWell Bicycle Company is Having A Sale – Through Friday the 29th, all bikes are 30% off MSRP and you won’t pay shipping. FitWell produces bicycles that offer a great fit, stability and value with a clean aesthetic for riders that just want to go out and ride. Visit fitwellbikes.com to see the great deals no some cool bikes.
- TWIN SIX // MEMORIAL DAY SALE – 16% off all orders under $66 and 26% Off all orders over $66. Sale ends on May 25th at midnight. Visit twinsix.com for the deals.
We all have a few favorite routes to ride in our local trail network or neighborhood, but now Strava is taking the collective knowledge of their entire user community to share everyone’s favorites with the world. Their new Strava Local app creates smart city guides for athletes, designed by athletes.
Strava Local examines over 38 million uploaded rides or runs and determines the most popular routes and destinations to provide suggestions for great loops and cool shops or landmarks to check out along the way. Each area’s guide is further curated by local experts to ensure the best experiences and attractions appear on the list. Guide yourself down past the break for more info…
READ MORE ->
National Geographic Traveler Awards H+I Adventures’ Namibia Mountain Biking Safari “Tour of a Lifetime”
Are you feeling the need to take your adventure biking to the next level? National Geographic has identified H+I Adventures’ Namibia Mountain Biking Safari one of their “50 Tours of a Lifetime,” a list curated to elevate guided adventures that immerse travelers in destinations and local cultures in a positive way. This twelve day African safari, led by experienced Namibian guides, will take you by bike to see fauna such as lions and elephants through sand dunes and single track dirt trails… READ MORE ->
- Adventure Cycling Association announced on Thursday its second episode of Adventure Cycling Montana, a short film series produced with Epic Montana. The film, Adventure Cycling Montana — TransAm, highlights 71 miles of the TransAmerica Trail from Dillon to Ennis, Montana. “The TransAm is such an iconic route both for Adventure Cycling — as the route that started it all — and in the minds of cyclists who dream of making the quintessential crosscountry trip,” said director Rachel Stevens.
- If cycling is your passion then participate in The 13th Great Lake Tahoe Bike Race & Ride – Registration is now open – This year’s event will be September 26th and 27th. For more details visit TahoeBikeRace.com.
- If you’re a bike shop, frame builder or wheel builder and are looking for a knowledgeable resource that specializes in wheel parts then check out bikewheelparts.com. This new dealer-only wholesale channel owned and run by Brandon Hunziker, grew out of his other business, consumer site bikehubstore.com to better serve his industry partners.
- Have you ever wanted to bike with zebras, while the African horizon blazes off into the distance? Imagine climbing to the top of the highest sand dune in the world? Experience the safari like none other, with our friends at H+I Adventures, experts in mountain biking holidays around the globe. They are offering an incredible 12 day bike safari to Namibia this year, from September 15-26th, 2015 or December 5th to 16th 2015.
- Adding to its world-class roster of athletes, crankbrothers today announced the addition of mountain bike legend and Enduro World Series racer Cedric Gracia to its team. Gracia joins the crankbrothers team with a multi-year partnership and will help crankbrothers build upon a legacy of innovation in developing state-of-the-art mountain bike pedals.
- The 13th annual Mountain Charlie Challenge will be held on Saturday, May 9th, 2015, starting at Skypark in Scotts Valley, CA. The event is hosted by the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation and is the organization’s largest fundraiser. Riders will be escorted into the ride by Scotts Valley Police and welcomed back at Skypark with a barbeque lunch. Derek Timm, president of the Scotts Valley Educational Foundation says “The Mountain Charlie Challenge is one of the most scenic rides in our area, but it’s not just a great ride, it’s for a great cause. From the challenging hills on Mountain Charlie Road, to the scenic strawberry fields in Pajaro, riders of all types can participate. By adding the 5K run/walk, the event is truly ideal for individuals and families.”
- The 2015 Roswell Cycling Festival will be adding craft beer tasting and mountain bike events to this year’s event. The 14th annual event, scheduled for April 25-26, will have mountain bike races at Big Creek Park in addition to the featured road racing. In addition, a Craft Beer Tasting will be part of the popular Historic Roswell Criterium event on Sunday in Historic Roswell, with 11 participating restaurants. roswellcyclingfestival.com
- Polar Bottle and the U.S. Olympic Committee announce Polar Bottle as official water bottle licensee of Team USA. his is the largest multi-sport affinity agreement in the history of Polar Bottle, a leading U.S. brand of insulated reusable water bottles.
- The 2015 BIKE MADRID LISBON Traverse is almost fully booked. Only a few spots are still available for the start of this epic ride. This traverse, that established itself as one of the most spectacular and difficult bike crossings, traverses the mountain ranges of the Iberian Peninsula with over 1000 km of pure adventure with the advantage of finishing on the most-western point of Europe and riding the last km next to magnificent cliff trails by the Atlantic Ocean. Visit bikemadridlisbon.com for more information.
- Sugoi Introduces 60 Day Comfort Guarantee – After building some of the finest cycling shorts for men and women over the last 25 years, Sugoi is backing up a comfort guarantee or consumers can get their money back. Purchase a short from their men and women’s RSE, RS PRO, Evolution, RPM, Neo, RSX, and RPM-X Collections, and if within 60 days, you’re not fully satisfied with the comfort of the garment, you’ll be able to return the product to the retailer from which it was purchased, with proof of purchase for a complete refund or exchange. Visit sugoi.com for more information.
- Are you a professional level cyclist racing in UCI sanctioned races? The CPA, the professional riders association, officially represents the riders and defends their rights at the highest level of cycling governance. The CPA Delegate’s presence will be positive for the riders, but also the other stakeholders: the race organization, teams, and the UCI. For more information visit cpacycling.com.
- Live in England? Over 700 RIDERS have already entered the Burgess Hill Springtime Classic Cyclosportive on the 29th March 2015. They’re closing in quickly on the event and it may fill up so register soon to save money and ensure your entry.
- Here’s your last reminder of our Club Ride giveaway contest that ends tonight. If you haven’t already, take the survey to enter for a chance to win a pair of baggy riding shorts from Club Ride.