Fat Bike? Check. Gates Carbon Drive? Check. Gearbox? Check. Half lid paired with goggles? Check. Yup, this may be the most hipster video I’ve ever seen, but it’s still bad ass. #SoEnduro
Posts in the category Video
On a good day, most of us struggle to hold a manual more than a dozen feet, but Chris Smith managed to effortlessly hold one for a distance that exceeds two football fields!
We won’t go too far into detail since the official announcement comes tomorrow, but if you’ve been following 45NRTH and Whisky Parts Co. have been working on something new in the world of fat bike tires and wheels. We spotted the rim out at Sea Otter, but the tire is new to us…
Check back for full details tomorrow!
- Looking for adventure? The Yak Attack (video above) is billed as the world’s highest mountain bike race – and now the organizers have added two more races to make up a World Challenge Series: the 2014 Rumble In The Jungle through Sri Lanka Nov. 17-23rd, the 2015 Alpac Attack through Patagonia and Argentina April 12-19th, and the 2015 Yak Attack through the Himalayas September 18-30th.
- The Pasadena Mountain Bike Club is having a bike swap meet Sunday June 22nd from 7am – 1pm at Pasadena Cyclery. Vendors email here for a table ($10), or 10×10 ($40).
- Après Vélo is having a Mega Stocktake Sale of 40% off storewide (some exclusions). Use code LOVEAV at checkout. Sale ends June 23rd 6am AEST.
- In celebration of the release of its AVIP concept, promoting safety for road cyclists, POC is auctioning four one of a kind Cervélo road bikes (Cervélo P5 54cm, Cervélo P5 58cm, Cervélo RCA 54cm, Cervélo RCA 58cm) to raise money and awareness for Spinalis, an organization which promotes research and treatment in the field of spinal cord injuries. Auction runs until July 1st.
- The Sugar Showdown Seattle will be held July 5-6 and will include a class for 6-9 year old girls in addition to a free “Pump & Jump Jam” on Sunday for the little ladies! Register now.
- The Tour of Arae is a 6-day all-dirt vintage South African road bike stage race for riders of racing-style South African built steel frames. Open to 35 riders, who will be racing through the Karoo over river crossings, thick sand, tyre-shredding rocks, and potential snow over 6 days and 730 kilometers, August 23-28
- Bicycle Line, an Italian cycling clothing company, has announced that it’s online store is now available in English so it’s UK customers will be able to order directly from their website.
The world needs more commercials like this.
Like that one? Check out another one of Akrigg’s commercial cameos after the break. It involves beer.
For those unfamiliar with the story, last weekend at Leogang, Aaron Gwin did not podium. The competition was stiff, and Ratboy sent a blistering pace, but in the end it was a flat tire that robbed him of number one plate.
Despite the disappointing mechanical, Aaron continued to race down the entire track, hoping to at least earn a few points towards the overall title. We’ve already featured the race run here, but hit play to hear the story from Specialized Team Manager Eric Carter and Aaron himself.
While gravel, enduro, disc brakes and the like take the spotlight these days, road bikes are still moving to the aerodynamic side of things to make gains. After all, you can only shed so many grams and make something so stiff. Fuji already has gravel and disc brake road bikes, and they’ve got lightweight bikes. Now it’s time for aero.
Or, technically, on July 4th it’ll be time for aero with the launch of their new Transonic aero road bike. Video teaser above, screen grabs after the break…
In the seasonal long battle between the top two women in the world cup downhill series this year, the race at Leogang was a hotly contested battlefield.
Rachel absolutely destroyed the top of the course and put up a gap at the first split, but Manon was able to slowly reel the UK rider in on the physically demanding pedaling and technical sections towards the bottom of the course.
Drop past the break to watch the remarkable side by side POV footage of their race runs.
In order to help maintain physical fitness while residing in zero gravity, astronauts have to resort to a number of different methods for exercise, but the preferred method for maintaining sexy legs is an unusual stationary bike.
Watch the video after the break… READ MORE ->