- Our friends at amain.com sent us this great video they made of footage from the 3-day Chico Stage Race Presented by Sierra Nevada. This “Director’s Cut” version shows off their great video editing and production skills with on-bike and aerial views in and around the beautiful region of Chico, California. Enjoy!
- Cyclevox, the UK’s leading cycling commentary, PR and production company, has today announced the launch of the world’s first dedicated women’s cycling video channel, Voxwomen. Cyclevox Founder and UCI Women’s World Cup Commentator, Anthony McCrossan, is launching Voxwomen to give female professional cyclists a voice and to encourage equality across the sport.
- Jamis® Bicycles is launching its West Coast Bicycle Test Ride Experience program. Building on the success of their popular East Coast program, Jamis is broadening its reach by supporting an expanding dealer network west of the Mississippi. Visit bicycletestride.com to reserve your Jamis bicycle for upcoming events like The Sea Otter Classic and Ragbrai as well as keeping up to date on all Jamis related events, races and upcoming Bicycle Test Ride Experiences.
- Are you heading to Louisville, Kentucky for NAHBS this weekend? Well then stop by the Road Holland booth and say hello. If you cannot make it to the show then perhaps the next best thing is to save 20% off of anything at RoadHolland.com by using the promo code NAHBS15.
- Isadore Apparel, the high-end cycling apparel brand owned by Pro World Tour rider Martin Velits (Etixx-Quick Step) has opened exclusive Isadore Pop-Up Store in Majorca, Spain. The store is located in Port D’Alcudia in partnership with cycling rental company Bikehead and Bike_nnet Guided Tours in exclusive new surroundings close to the harbor of Port D’Alcudia. isadoreapparel.com
- Edible Pedal combines two passions shared by many Sacramentans: farm-to-fork food and bicycles. Here’s the video about John Boyer and his 10-plus employees who are using bicycles to deliver food from Sacramento’s farm-to-fork restaurants.
- Cycling-friendly city Amsterdam is out of bicycle parking spaces, so it’s building 40,000 more by 2030 to alleviate the problem. Over 880,000 bikes are used around the city and they need parking spaces along the canals. With more bikes than parking spaces it’s a big problem that costs the city and illegally-parked bike owners a lot of money.
- Lynchburg, Virginia bicyclists will have some creative places to park after several artists put finishing touches on racks that will spruce up downtown this summer. Four winners were named in a design contest for the new racks. They are Matt Perkins, Phillip Gabathuler and Davey Hazelgrove, all of Lynchburg, and Roanoke resident John Wilson. Here’s more on the story.
- Are you a traveler, athlete, adventurer or executive? Then you need a Greenbelly bar, a healthy meal that provides 1/3 of your daily nutrition. Made with all natural and delicious ingredients, Greenbelly is a Complete Meal On-The-Go. Now Greenbelly needs your to help the company grow. Check out their Kickstarter campaign.
- Get your kicks on Bicycle Route 66 – Adventure Cycling Association announced the release of their latest route, the 2,493-mile Bicycle Route 66. The route follows the famous corridor from Chicago to Los Angeles on roads appropriate for cyclists through six states. Visit Adventure Cycling Association for more information on Bicycle Route 66 and their other bicycle travel routes..
- The Mystic MTB Race presented by Owenhouse Bicycling Co. is proud to announce that it is back for the second year in a row and will be hosting the event on Saturday July 18, 2015. Featuring 40 miles of challenging climbs, world-class descents and remote scenery, the Mystic MTB Race offers mountain bikers an opportunity to challenge themselves on some of the most enjoyable connector trails in the Gallatin National Forest.
- Are you interested in mountain biking in exotic locals but concerned about the “What if?”. Well H+I Adventures, the specialists in premium mountain biking holidays, has aligned with Global Rescue, a world-class emergency service provider that offers medical and security evacuation assistances and destination reports. Global Rescue will be included on all H+I Adventures trips, whether it is an advanced biker’s journey to Ecuador, or a beginner’s ride in Namibia. Plan your dream trip!
- Josh Bender & Lindsay Beth Currier promise to teach you how to ride with more FUN and FLOW! They’ve announced their 2015 Enduro Mountain Bike Skills Camps schedule. After being asked by her female pupils to coach their husbands, boyfriends and kids, Lindsay recruited her significant other, Josh Bender, to provide a series of COED Enduro Mountain Bike Skills Clinics in their home region of Northern California, and surrounding areas. The first camp starts in April.
Posts in the category Video
If you have been living under a rock, or 26 feet of limestone as it may be, and you haven’t heard – there is a massive new underground bike park in Louisville, Ky. In addition to hosting the 2015 edition of NAHBS this weekend, riders from all over are starting to make the trip to Kentucky to see what the Mega Cavern is all about. That includes Canyon Bicycle team member Rob J. Heran who headed down to Louisville with photographer Sebastian Doerk to take some incredible photos and create the rather entertaining edit after the jump…
Last week, Santa Cruz officially launched the worst best kept secret in the industry – the all new carbon Stigmata cyclocross bike. Featuring a press fit bottom bracket, internal routing, and no suspension, the only thing recognizable about it as a Santa Cruz is the loud color scheme.
To learn a little bit more about the development of the frame, I walked the two blocks from my house to the factory showroom to chat with Geoff Casey. Known as the Design Manager around these parts, his responsibilities include distilling the fruity flavors of a tropical inspired mixed drink into new frame colorways, and an assortment of other graphical and design duties. He’s also an avid road and cyclocross racer, and was the co-product manager of the Stigmata project.
Head past the break for an in depth interview on the new bike…
Shredits: Farewell to the Post Office Jumps, SF Composite High School MTB, and an Inspiring Trials Clip
If you didn’t already know, the Post Office jumps are no more. The iconic dirt jumps located in Aptos, California have been featured in countless video parts and played host to sessions of the biggest names in freeride. Under constant threat of being torn down for the past few years, the sun has finally set on the Post Office Jumps. Hopefully they will be relocated and rebuilt, but before they were torn down riders including Jeff Herbertson got in one last session…
There’s no place like home. Well in Eric Porter’s case, his home town of Louisville, KY has a new attraction – the Mega Cavern Bike Park. The facility currently has about 320,000 square feet of dirt jumps, rollers, and XC trails. Eric got a chance to check out the cavern with his kids ripping around on their little DB machines! All in the DiamondBack family. Video by Justin Olsen.
Mad traction plus mad skills make for me wanting a carbon fat bike real bad. Here’s the description from moto trials rider Pat Smage:
“This is a quick edit from my first few rides on the Fatback Corvus Fatbike. I spent a couple weeks in Southern California to ride mototrials and was lucky enough to get the Fatback together before I got out there. It was a blast on all the terrain I could find in SoCal, from the beach to the dunes, high dessert to low. This bike can handle everything. Dont worry, the skids were on motorcycle trails! Stay tuned for my next edit riding in its natural element, snow.”
We’ve seen some of these before, but it’s still amazing to watch.
Bombtrack unveiled their Hook cyclocross/gravel bike last August with some ambitious plans to enter it into the grueling 7-day mountain bike race called Transalp. Unconventional? Sure. Makings for something amazing if it worked out? Absolutely. Now, after months of filming and prepping and editing, they put together this little edit of the experience. Check the accompanying essay below…
Looking to eek a bit more performance out of their latest cameras, GoPro has just released an update for their HERO4 Black and Silver edition sports cameras.
The update, available through the app on your smartphone or online, adds new settings that allow for more creativity in post-production editing. Things like enhanced slow motion (via higher frame rates), automatic time lapse video creation and auto rotating when using the camera upside down simplify the process of making killer videos…