It’s a bit hard to believe, but Blackburn is celebrating their 40th anniversary in 2015. After four decades of making bags and products that allow cyclists to get out there and explore the world around them, the company decided to put together a film on the history of bicycle travel. Comes with Baggage tells the story of bicycling nomads from those first boneshakers to the bikepacking we know today…
Posts in the category Video
Friday Features: R-Dog gets Rad, Cam and Kirt for Fox Clothing, Vallelujah Scottish Enduro, Lizard Skins and more
Quick, if you have a screen capable of showing 4k video, watch this video of Ryan Howard now. No on the 4k? Well, watch it anyways, you’ll be glad you did. The always stylish R-Dog makes slashing corners and boosting big gaps look completely effortless.
Start your weekend off with some solid motivation after the jump…
- Yuba Launches Limited-Edition PeopleForBikes Branded Cargo Bike – PeopleForBikes and Yuba Bicycles have partnered to launch a limited edition Boda Boda cargo bike to raise money for bicycling infrastructure. Yuba and PeopleForBikes will officially launch the bike at the Sea Otter Classic in April, where people can enter to win one. The bikes are available for preorders now and on sale May 1 at Yuba dealers and at yubabikes.com.
- CNN Honors Trips for Kids Founder – CNN has named Trips for Kids Founder, Marilyn Price, as a CNN Hero for her years of dedication to putting disadvantaged kids on mountain bikes. Please join us in congratulating Marilyn and take a moment to watch the video and share it with your friends and family. Or tune in to CNN March 27 – 29 and watch the story “on air”. tripsforkids.org
- The true “enduro” experience is finally here, October 2-4, 2015. The Monarch Crest Enduro brought to you by Chocolate Bunny Productions, threads together three days of Colorado’s finest high country trails along the Monarch Crest, a segment of the Continental Divide Trail, and IMBA Epic® no less. Registration is now live on imathlete.com.
- The Greatest Ride – August 9-12 2015. This is the cycling trip you’ve wanted to take for your whole life. Start by sharing a table with retired Pro Cyclist George Hincapie and Blackberry Farm Proprietor Sam Beall for the opening dinner at Blackberry Farm in Walland, Tennessee. This event is limited to only 10 cyclists so book now at blackberry farm.com.
- Chris King Gourmet Century registration opens April, 1st – The Gourmet Century has expanded into a global showcase hosting four events across the U.S. and now one in Japan. Each event will feature its own special guest chefs and menus designed to compliment the best riding the region has to offer. Registration for ALL events will open on April 1st at 12pm PST at gourmetcentury.com. Act fast as tickets tend to go quickly!
- Ride. Relax. Escape. Discover the Wild Highlands of Scotland – Fuel your sense of discovery with roads that will take your breath away. This 6 day, 5 night tour runs between 8th to 13th September and is strictly limited to 12 people. Book now, 72 hours before general public.
- Didn’t get enough of NAHBS 2015? – Gates photographer Tim Lucking has produced an exquisite photo gallery of the best belted bikes from the North American Handmade Bike Show. Check out some of our favorites on The Belted Blog.
- Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour – Currently touring the USA, (you can find the tour schedule here) immediately after the Festival ends in November a selection of the best films goes on tour across Canada, the United States, and internationally from Scotland to South Africa to China, Lebanon, Chile, New Zealand, Antarctica, and points in between. Each year, the films travel to 40 countries reaching more than 390,000 people at over 840 screenings. There’s typically a mountain bike film in the mix but every film has always been entertaining.
- Here’s your last reminder that you can win a set of new rubber from Vee Tire. Follow the link to the survey and complete it to win!
Friday Features: Real Fat Bike Radness, Full Length Path Finder Movie, Transition TransAm Hardtail ripping and More
Fat biking is one of those sports that is so much fun to do, but isn’t one of the most thrilling events to watch. Usually. To try and turn that notion on its head, BMX rider and dirt jumpter Gegor Laucht got a hold of a Felt DD 30 to play with on the slopes in Braunwald Village, Switzterland.
Along those same lines, Pat Smage gives puts on a clinic after the break on fat bike trials…
What does a World Cup level downhiller grab when he goes out for a ride back home in Surrey? If we’re talking about Brendan Fairclough that would seem to be the Scott Genius 700. Contractual obligations aside, we’re also fans of the bike as it manages to blend a super pedal efficient ride with a bike that still wants to be rallied downhill. Of course, we only imagine we can ride the Genius like Fairclough, but it’s nice to dream right?
Pivot might not be the first company you think of when it comes to dirt jumpers, but with names like Bernard Kerr, Jeff Herbertson, and Eliot Jackson on the roster a solid DJ bike is a necessity. That bike is the Pivot Point – a fun, DMR chromoly steel hardtail that can be built into a ripping DJ, Park, or even Street bike thanks to swappable dropouts, ISCG 05 tabs, and a tapered head tube.
Originally developed with Kyle Strait in 2010 the frame changed much since then, but Pivot is freshening it up with a new coat of paint. Now available in Night Black with Neon Lime accents, the bike will be easy to spot in the air…
Mountain biking means a lot of things to a lot of people, and Sombrio wants to see what it means to you with their latest contest. In partnership with Big Mountain Bike Adventures, Sombrio will be giving away a 4 day mountain bike trip for two to experience the best of the North Shore plus $1000 in Sombrio gear. All you have to do is show your #LUXURYOFDIRT on Facebook and Instagram.
Check out Darren Berrecloth’s own interpretation plus more after the jump…
River City Bicycles, a highly respected, not to mention BEAUTIFUL bike shop in the most bike happy city of Portland is celebrating its 20th anniversary this year. Our award winning, bearded, “consumer of anything he finds unfinished” friend Kevin Neidorf put this little piece together for them to show a fraction of what they’re about. Dave Guettler opened his shop in 1995, and if you took every bicycle, component, and accessory out of the store, the abundance of wood artistry in everything from the display counters, racks that hold the bicycles, and other various treats (like an indoor test track upstairs!) including a welcoming staff would still be a worthy reason for a visit.
Click over to check out the beautifully done video from Kevin as well as a touching message from Dave himself.
- Our friends at amain.com sent us this great video they made of footage from the 3-day Chico Stage Race Presented by Sierra Nevada. This “Director’s Cut” version shows off their great video editing and production skills with on-bike and aerial views in and around the beautiful region of Chico, California. Enjoy!
- Cyclevox, the UK’s leading cycling commentary, PR and production company, has today announced the launch of the world’s first dedicated women’s cycling video channel, Voxwomen. Cyclevox Founder and UCI Women’s World Cup Commentator, Anthony McCrossan, is launching Voxwomen to give female professional cyclists a voice and to encourage equality across the sport.
- Jamis® Bicycles is launching its West Coast Bicycle Test Ride Experience program. Building on the success of their popular East Coast program, Jamis is broadening its reach by supporting an expanding dealer network west of the Mississippi. Visit bicycletestride.com to reserve your Jamis bicycle for upcoming events like The Sea Otter Classic and Ragbrai as well as keeping up to date on all Jamis related events, races and upcoming Bicycle Test Ride Experiences.
- Are you heading to Louisville, Kentucky for NAHBS this weekend? Well then stop by the Road Holland booth and say hello. If you cannot make it to the show then perhaps the next best thing is to save 20% off of anything at RoadHolland.com by using the promo code NAHBS15.
- Isadore Apparel, the high-end cycling apparel brand owned by Pro World Tour rider Martin Velits (Etixx-Quick Step) has opened exclusive Isadore Pop-Up Store in Majorca, Spain. The store is located in Port D’Alcudia in partnership with cycling rental company Bikehead and Bike_nnet Guided Tours in exclusive new surroundings close to the harbor of Port D’Alcudia. isadoreapparel.com
- Edible Pedal combines two passions shared by many Sacramentans: farm-to-fork food and bicycles. Here’s the video about John Boyer and his 10-plus employees who are using bicycles to deliver food from Sacramento’s farm-to-fork restaurants.
- Cycling-friendly city Amsterdam is out of bicycle parking spaces, so it’s building 40,000 more by 2030 to alleviate the problem. Over 880,000 bikes are used around the city and they need parking spaces along the canals. With more bikes than parking spaces it’s a big problem that costs the city and illegally-parked bike owners a lot of money.
- Lynchburg, Virginia bicyclists will have some creative places to park after several artists put finishing touches on racks that will spruce up downtown this summer. Four winners were named in a design contest for the new racks. They are Matt Perkins, Phillip Gabathuler and Davey Hazelgrove, all of Lynchburg, and Roanoke resident John Wilson. Here’s more on the story.
- Are you a traveler, athlete, adventurer or executive? Then you need a Greenbelly bar, a healthy meal that provides 1/3 of your daily nutrition. Made with all natural and delicious ingredients, Greenbelly is a Complete Meal On-The-Go. Now Greenbelly needs your to help the company grow. Check out their Kickstarter campaign.
- Get your kicks on Bicycle Route 66 – Adventure Cycling Association announced the release of their latest route, the 2,493-mile Bicycle Route 66. The route follows the famous corridor from Chicago to Los Angeles on roads appropriate for cyclists through six states. Visit Adventure Cycling Association for more information on Bicycle Route 66 and their other bicycle travel routes..
- The Mystic MTB Race presented by Owenhouse Bicycling Co. is proud to announce that it is back for the second year in a row and will be hosting the event on Saturday July 18, 2015. Featuring 40 miles of challenging climbs, world-class descents and remote scenery, the Mystic MTB Race offers mountain bikers an opportunity to challenge themselves on some of the most enjoyable connector trails in the Gallatin National Forest.
- Are you interested in mountain biking in exotic locals but concerned about the “What if?”. Well H+I Adventures, the specialists in premium mountain biking holidays, has aligned with Global Rescue, a world-class emergency service provider that offers medical and security evacuation assistances and destination reports. Global Rescue will be included on all H+I Adventures trips, whether it is an advanced biker’s journey to Ecuador, or a beginner’s ride in Namibia. Plan your dream trip!
- Josh Bender & Lindsay Beth Currier promise to teach you how to ride with more FUN and FLOW! They’ve announced their 2015 Enduro Mountain Bike Skills Camps schedule. After being asked by her female pupils to coach their husbands, boyfriends and kids, Lindsay recruited her significant other, Josh Bender, to provide a series of COED Enduro Mountain Bike Skills Clinics in their home region of Northern California, and surrounding areas. The first camp starts in April.