- Play the Bell 2015 Spring Classics Sweepstakes – Get ready for some epic racing and follow Team LottoNL-Jumbo through 8 races and 36 days. Click now to enter the Weekly Prize Drawing and play the Bell Spring Classics Challenge for bragging rights plus an additional chance to win the Grand Prize, a trip to California to ride with Team LottoNL-Jumbo!
Racing and Ride Event News
- Champion System has joined forces with the We Stand United Cycling Club – Champion System will be the Official Title Sponsor of the “Champion System Roubaix Race Series powered by Sheepshead Cycle”. The series will kick off on Thursday, April 2nd and will run until the last Thursday in July. For more information on the events please go to WSUnited.org or register for the event at bikereg.com.
- The Bootlegger 100 Proof Dirt Road Ride – On April 25th Lenoir, North Carolina will host the ride. It will start and end in downtown Lenoir and travels through the beautiful and scenic Wilson’s Creek Gorge. There are two routes – 100 mile or 100 kilometer dirt road ride with 8000+ feet of climbing (100 mile route). Visit the event’s Facebook page for more details.
- North Carolina Bikers Sweep US Open Fat Bike Beach Championships – The inaugural US Open Fat Bike Championships were held in Wrightsville Beach on Saturday, March 14th. Racers from four states competed in three divisions covered distances of 24-miles, 16-miles, and 8-miles to accommodate expert, sport, and beginner skill levels. Click here to see photos from the event.
- The Encino Velodrome announces a long term sponsorship agreement with Pure Fix Cycles – Pure Fix was named the official bike sponsor of the Encino Velodrom provide their Keirin track series and Keirin Pro track series bicycles for the Encino Velodrome’s new rider and rental program and shall also be named the Official junior bike sponsor with their Micro series 650c wheeled fixed gear bikes for Encino Velodrome’s junior program. The Encino Velodrome is one of the oldest velodromes in the United States and was established in 1961.
- Meet the Scott-ODLO and Scott-3Rox teams in California! – Bikerumor readers are invited! The entire Scott ODLO team will be in California from April 8-18. This includes Nino Schurter, Thomas Frischkenecht, Jenny Rissveds, Marcel Wildhaber, and Andri Frischknecht. In partnership with Oakley, Scott will be hosting a pro night on April 9th from 6-9 PM at Bike Religion in Dana Point, CA. The Scott-3Rox team which includes Geoff Kabush, Derek Zandstra, Cam Jette, Marc-Antoine Nadon, Mikaela Kofman, Erin Huck, and Teal Stetson Lee, will all be there.
- Tern Bicycles Partners with EKOCYCLE to Make Sustainable Living Cool – The goal of the EKOCYCLE initiative is to help consumers recognize that items they consider waste may be a part of a lifestyle product they can use tomorrow. It also encourages demand and use of recycled materials and reinforces the importance of recycling finished products. Tern has introduced two limited-edition folding bicycles created for EKOCYCLE™ and will be available at Harrods U.K. along with more than 150 EKOCYCLE lifestyle products, including clothing, accessories, home interiors, technology and active lifestyle products from more than 10 brand partners. tern bicycles.com
- Infinit Performance is having a sale on their nutrition formulas – Buy one custom formula and get the second at 50% off. Use the code SPRING 15 at checkout at infinitnutrition.us. It’s only available for a limited time and Infinit’s Mocha Mint MUD is Going Fast! – A refreshing blend of premium ground flax, natural coffee, high quality whey protein isolate with a hint of natural mint and chocolate.
- Quality Bicycle Products to Distribute Robert Axle Project Thru-Axles – The Robert Axle Project started in June 2013 and has since sold axles (12mm thru-axles that allow attachment of trailers to bikes) to customers in over 28 countries. The addition of QBP as a distributor will allow bike shops to order any number of axles direct as needed. Chris Kratsch, President of The Robert Axle Project adds, “We look forward to having the ability to support local and independent bike shops by partnering with QBP. Visit the Robert Axle Project at robertaxleproject.com for more information.