Between now and April 30th, Intense is raffling a bike to help support Camp del Corazon, which provides a fun summer camp experience for kids faced with the challenges of growing up with heart disease. For every $10 you donate, you earn once chance to win this bike or one of the many other prizes. This raffle is also open to anyone worldwide. Drop past the break for the full specs or click here to donate. READ MORE ->
Posts in the category Contest
We posted this month’s Easton Charity Raffle dream bike from Caletti here, with some gorgeous photos. Now, with just a couple days left for this month’s contest, we’ve got this little video to spur your inner advocate. Want to enter the raffle? Click here. Wanna see more of John’s process? Check out our factory tour here!
Have you tried the Salted Caramel GU yet? They’re not lying, it really is one of the best flavors of GU – at least that we’ve tried. As their current most popular flavor, GU has decided to run a little contest that is the equivalent of Willy Wonka’s golden ticket for bike nerds. Buy specially marked 8 and 24 packs of salted caramel GU, and search inside for the golden yeti GU packet. If you find one (there are multiple) you automatically win a 24 pack of Salted Caramel GU and you are entered into the grand prize competition which includes an all-inclusive 3 day, 2 night trip for 2 to San Francisco.
Details and links, next.
Do you love to get out there by bike? Packing up your stuff and riding until you’re tired, only to set up camp and tell stories around the camp fire? Blackburn is looking for new brand ambassadors for 2014, and if that sounds like your idea of a good time on a bike you might want to look into becoming a Ranger. In 2013, Blackburn started the Out There video series which introduced the Blackburn Ranger program and showcased the epic adventures along the Pacific Coast Highway and Continental Divide rides. Blackburn is continuing the program for 2014, and is looking for 4 new Rangers that will serve as Blackburn product testers to work directly with BlackBurn’s engineers and designers as well as their video production team to inspire others to get “Out There.”
Like the sound of free gear, travel, and support? Check out the details after the break.
Headed to the NC Cyclocross finals this weekend in Asheville, NC? So are we, and we’re bringing boxes full of samples, shirts, parts, pieces and other schwag to giveaway!
Look for us in the expo area on Saturday, January 18th. The exact time is to be determined, probably around 11:30am-ish, but listen for announcements. We’ll be racing, too, so please come heckle, preem and yell at us and everyone else (we’ll return the favor). On the fence about attending? Well, if tons of free stuff doesn’t push you over the edge, this is your chance to check out the site of the 2016 nationals! Race promoter Timothy Hopkin is looking for course and venue feedback, and the best way to see what you think is to get a little dirty.
Planning on doing some suffering in your basement in the coming weeks to prepare for the season? Why not join in on The Sufferfest’s grand tour though the mythical roads of Sufferlandria and possibly win some killer prizes along the way? Starting on January 25th, and continuing for nine days riders will turn themselves inside out following the Sufferfest video route stages above. There are two ways to win prizes – the first is simply to donate $10 to the Davis Phinney Foundation, each $10 donation will equate to 1 chance for winning so the more you donate, the better your chances. The second category is the donation+completing all 9 Sufferfest ToS stages on TrainerRoad. Other than that, there is no signing up or registering, simply donate or donate and ride TrainerRoad, the winner is the person that suffers the most.
See what prizes you’ll be suffering for after the break!
- An innovative idea coming out of London with SkyCycle (rendered above) – a proposed bicycle freeway suspended above London’s rail tracks to provide safe cycle routes throughout the city. Using existing rail infrastructure, SkyCycle would be built on pylons above the tracks and would be installed using a system “akin to a tunnel-boring machine, but happening above ground” letting the train system continue operations throughout construction.
- The city of Ogden, Utah, is expanding it’s bicycle friendly-ness with the addition of 6 bicycle repair stations around the city this spring.
- Rottua is holding an Instagram photo contest to win a pair of their Water Dog sandals that use MTB tire treads for straps. Enter before January 12th by tagging your best trail photo with #rottuasandals and the location.
- Dirtwire.tv is asking for your help to cover CXNATS. Event coverage will contain: “Short highlights of ALL age category races and interviews with podium finishers, Interviews with Elite racers, even ones OUTSIDE the top 5 or even 10, and Goofy interviews with Ultra Enduro Dyude, Super Endurance Guy, and Christopher Walken.” Spearheaded by Thom Parsons, you can be assured your donation will not disappoint.
- BikeBiz reports that the UCI has softened it’s stance on rider positioning for professional bike racing.
- Specialized has recalled two of their commuter bicycles, the Source Eleven and Source Expert Disc, due to a fall hazard. More info here.
JensonUSA is giving away a Diamondback Podium 6 Di2 road bike, and all you have to do for a chance to win is join their specials email list, write a product review on their site or buy something off their site. Entries accepted through Sunday, November 30. Details on their Facebook Page with a convenient one-box email entry form.
Check out the full bike spec here. Complete rules posted after the break…