- Magisto, a cloud-based movie and photo editing service (think GoPro!), has teamed up with Sea Otter for a Movie Contest. Upload and edit your movies and photos from Sea Otter 2014 (like the one above made by Dennis) and the movies that are watched the most will win GoPro and cycling gear.
- Erik’s Bike Shop with 21 locations in MN and WI is currently hiring for two new retail store locations in the Milwaukee, WI, market.
- Enter to win one of two Coyle’s custom wood bicycle helmets.
- The Veglo is a wearable bike light with crossing fiber optic straps that are supposed to help drivers judge their distance from the bike rider. It is on Kickstarter.
- MapMyTracks now offers live sports event tracking/broadcasting so you can follow your athlete in real time.
- Join Atlanta Streets Alive on April 20th as three streets in Historic West End are closed to cars and opened up to pedestrians and cyclists. Enjoy local shops and eateries, music events, and either watch or participate in the bicycle parade.
- The Second Annual JoyRide in honor of Laurey Masterton in Asheville, NC, will be held May 17th at Carrier Park. We like her motto: Don’t Postpone Joy.
- West Coast voting is now open for the Bell Built grants program. Voting ends April 20th and winner for that region will be announced April 21st.
- Quintana Roo has announced a bike rental program for the IRONMAN race series in North America, starting with the May 17th IRONMAN Texas.
- Want to explore New Zealand by mountain bike? Check out this video by Discover New Zealand and mountain bike tour operator JustMTB.
Posts in the category Contest
The new Juliana Roubion we spotted last weekend is finally official! It’s said to have “the brawn of a Bronson in the spirit of a Juliana” and it won’t be available till June, unless you’re the lucky winner of the Juliana Bicycles Instagram sweepstakes.
The prize bike build is identical to Anka Martin’s enduro race rig, and is decked out with all the latest and greatest from SRAM. To enter the content, just upload your best riding photo from now until May 6th. The five photos with the most likes will move onto the judging phase. The winner wins an incredible prize package that includes an all expense paid trip to France, gear from Giro, and of course – one really really nice bike.
Visit Juliana Bikes to learn more.
The Saris Solo Glow is a bright new version of their single-bike trunk mounted rack, offering up to an hour of illuminating transport for your favorite ride.
They’re available in limited quantity, and for this weekend only (through April 7, 12:01am CST), they’re on sale for just $49.99. The Solo is their simplest bike rack. It has no mechanical adjustments, pivots or anything else. Just strap it to your trunk or hatch and go. It weighs just two pounds, comes with a lifetime warranty and the entire frame is recyclable should that time come. More details on their website, sale details and a cool contest for anyone who gets one, below…
- Chris King will open registration on April 1st for it’s three 2014 Gourmet Centuries. Three ride destinations to select from and each will have gourmet food prepared by renowned chefs selected by Chris DeMinno – if you’re a foodie, these rides will not disappoint! Bend, OR, June 14th; Portland, OR, July 26th; Sonoma, CA, October 18th.
- Cycology Gear has introduced three new t-shirt designs: Bike Partisan, Life Spent Leaning on Bars & One Track Mind, and as always, free shipping worldwide!
- Revolights is taking pre-orders for it’s Revolights Arc on Kickstarter for $79.
- Who knew that the future of retail could be shaped by the trials of the independent bike shop? There’s a new book out called Leading Out Retail: A Creative Look at Bicycle Retail and What All Retailers Can Learn From It, written by Donny Perry, Global Development Manager for Specialized Bikes.
- Calfee is having an open house on Tuesday, April 8th, at their facility in Selva Beach, CA, from 3-8pm. They’re inviting everyone to come by for a look, a drink, and to stay for the sunset on their private beach. Bring the family and a picnic!
- Registration for the Chiltern Cycling Festival in Amersham, UK, on July 13th is filling up fast. Check out their website for information on all five rides – there’s something for everyone.
- Cyclehack aims to make cities more cycle friendly by reducing barriers to cyclists via a two-day cycle hack event June 20-22nd. Suggest your cycle hack and it it will be entered in their catalogue for everyone to use.
- Art’s Cyclery has introduced a web series called Cross Training For Cyclists led by co-owner Eric Benson who has an M.S. in Kinesiology.
- Test ride a Felt bicycle from now until April 15th at a Felt dealer and fill out a short questionnaire about your ride and you will be entered in Felt’s Ride To Hawaii – with 561 prizes to be given away, including one trip for two to Hawaii to spectate at the 2014 Ironman World Championships.
- Dmitry Solominsky is riding his bike solo from Seattle, WA, to Yorktown, VA, this summer to raise awareness and funds for Hope For The Warriors. To find out more and to donate, go here.
- Halo Belt 2.0, seen above, has been successfully funded on Kickstarter and is still taking orders for it’s USB charged glowing belts in an effort to reach $100,000 so they can redesign the belt to be 100% waterproof. They even have a Halo Belt Mini for your dog’s collar.
- Stolen Bikes.UK is celebrating their 2nd year in operation and the recovery of 140 stolen bikes by offering you a chance to win £500 to spend in a local (UK) bike shop or one of two Hiplok D’s. Enter to win on their FB page.
- John Moss, the founder of Stolen Bikes.UK, was inspired to create the site two years ago when his own bike was stolen. Now, he is trying to close the bike theft circle with an additional website called Check That Bike! - for buyers of used bikes to make sure the bike they are going to buy is not stolen.
- BuddyBike is pleased to announce that 10 of their bikes will be given away in the Great Bike Giveaway through the Friendship Circle. See the stats on all of the adaptive bikes in the giveaway and consider donating so more special needs children can enjoy the freedom of riding a bike!
- Bicycle Retailer reports that Bob Stapleton, former owner of the Highroad cycling team, has bought Mad Fiber wheel’s intellectual property assets.
- The 24 Hours of Booty is returning for its third year in Philadelphia, kicking off on Friday, June 27th. Check the website for more 24 Hours of Booty locations.
- BMC has recalled it’s Stromer Electric Bicycles due to possible fork failure. See their website for more details. (Kudos to them for having fork recall information on the front page!)
- Tomorrow is World Water Day and in celebration PureFix Cycles is giving away $100 to charity: water for every Uniform or Yankee bike sold.
- The 2014 USA Pro Challenge is looking for you to design their official commemorative poster. Enter your submission via their FB page through May 2nd.
- Bell Helmets has announced the 12 finalists for they IMBA-Bell Built grants. Voting is open to the public April 7th – May 18th on their FB page.
- Looking for a smaller grant, from $400-$1000, to finish a project on your local trails or pump track? IMBA has just opened its Small Grant Program for applications. Deadline is May 30th.
- Domahidy Designs‘ Kickstarter Campaign has just five days to go, so he’s upped the ante to help close it successfully. What’s new? How ’bout a 650B bike as an option and a full lifetime warranty on all frames. He’s also added Small and XS sizes for the 650B frames, helping fit more folks.
- The 4th Annual Ride Sun Valley Bike Festival returns this June 26-July 5, 2014. Need inspiration? Watch the video above from last years’ events.
- Bicycling Magazine and Specialized announce the inaugural Bicycling Spring Classic in Morgan Hill, CA, on May 9th.
- Giro is celebrating the launch of their new road women’s line of apparel with a contest. Grand prize is a head-to-toe Giro wardrobe, airfare and bike tour with inGamba Cycling Tours Women’s Week, May 11-18th, in Tuscany, Italy. To enter, go to their Facebook page, click “enter now”, describe your best week on the bike with inGamba and hashtag your entry with #bestweekever.
- The 2014 Tour de Lane bicycle ride in Eugene, Oregon, will be August 1st – 3rd.
- Orbea has announced the Silk Route Bike Challenge: 9 days, 5 stages, totaling 600km across the scenic country of Kyrgyzstan August 2-10, 2014.
- Registration is open for the Dave Wiens West Elk Bicycle Classic to be held August 31st in Gunnison, Colorado. Proceeds from the race will support Western State Colorado University’s mountain sports team.
- The 2014 Levi’s Gran Fondo will be October 4th in Santa Rosa, CA.
- The Moab Travel Council is pleased to announce 9 new miles of trails in Dead Horse Point State Park, 32 miles west of Moab, Utah.
- Remember this bike room? Dero, a bike parking and storage solutions company, is offering you the chance to win something like it – $7500 in Dero products and $1000 to decorate your very own bike room. Click here to find out how to enter.
- If you hurry, you can get 25% off storewide at Après Vélo with code AEV25 at checkout, until 8am AEST.
- Ben Welnak of Mountain Bike Radio did an interview this week with Christopher Tassava who finished 7th at the Arrowhead 135 and raced the first JayP’s Backyard Fat Pursuit in Idaho.
- The U.S. Department of Transportation has just issued a proposed National Traffic Safety Goal that does not include goals to reduce cyclist and pedestrian deaths. Help bring this important issue to your representative’s attention via the League of American Bicyclists action page.
- People For Bikes has released its list of America’s 10 Best Protected Bike Lanes of 2013.
- Backcountry.com has announced it’s sponsorship of the National Interscholastic Cycling Association’s Utah chapter the Utah High School Cycling League.
- SKINS compression clothing has announced it’s sponsorship of both the SPY GIANT RIDE p/b MRI Endurance and the Rokform Junior Development cycling teams for 2014.
- …and Lapierre Bicycles has redesigned their website.
Between now and April 30th, Intense is raffling a bike to help support Camp del Corazon, which provides a fun summer camp experience for kids faced with the challenges of growing up with heart disease. For every $10 you donate, you earn once chance to win this bike or one of the many other prizes. This raffle is also open to anyone worldwide. Drop past the break for the full specs or click here to donate. READ MORE ->
We posted this month’s Easton Charity Raffle dream bike from Caletti here, with some gorgeous photos. Now, with just a couple days left for this month’s contest, we’ve got this little video to spur your inner advocate. Want to enter the raffle? Click here. Wanna see more of John’s process? Check out our factory tour here!