Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits & Pieces
- DISSING + WEITLING architecture are proud to announce the completion of their “bike snake” bridge in Copenhagen. Shown above, the 235m bridge opened July 28th and after 2 weeks has about 10,000 daily users. It is only for bikes, freeing up the lower level for pedestrians.
- Early registration pricing for the 2014 Enduro-X Race Series held in Steamboat Springs, CO, ends midnight Saturday July 12.
- This year’s BC Bike Race has barely wrapped up and already registration is open for the 2015 edition.
- The Mad Dog Challenge is billed as the “Ultimate Long Distance Cycling Challenge” organizing crazy long distance rides in Asia – each day has 150-210km of riding. Seven packages are available with 4 to 8 days of fully supported riding.
- ESPN Films’ 30 for 30 series will take a look back at one of the sports’ most epic rivalries between Greg Lemond and Bernard Hinault with “Slaying the Badger” on Tuesday, July 22, at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.
- fi’zi:k is looking for 10 Ironman product testers to help develop triathlon specific products. Selection ends July 27th.
- Interbike 2014 has added floor space to their exhibition area due to increased demand. More than 200 new exhibitors that have never showcased at Interbike will have space near registration in an area called “The Lab.”
- VP Components and BTI are giving one lucky bike shop employee a chance to win 2 free entries into the sold out Downieville Classic All-Mountain event in Downieville, CA, July 31 – August 3, 2014. The entries, valued at over $400, automatically get the winner and a friend into this event in the All-Mountain category (does not include your transportation, lodging and meals.) This contest is only open to bike shop employees. To enter the contest, a bike shop employee must post a photo of themselves on Facebook with a new in-box VP-VX Series pedal, VP-Harrier pedal or VP-VEX pedal. All photos must be hashtagged #vpallmountain and list the name of their bike shop. The photo that gets the most shares will be the winner. The contest began July 9 and ends July 14 at 5:00PM PST.