Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits & Pieces
- Red Bull Ride + Style is this Saturday, May 10th, at the Justin Herman Plaza in San Francisco, CA. More than 50 fixed gear riders from around the world will compete in track and freestyle competitions among obstacles designed and created by street artists. New this year is a race qualifier open to the public. Twenty five slots are open, first come-first served, get there early for the 10am registration!
- Culprit Bicycles will be demo-ing their bicycles at the Cruisin’ The Conejo ride this Saturday in Newbury Park, CA.
- Voting is now open for the Eastern region of the Bell Built grants program. Voting ends May 18th, winner will be announced May 5th. Congratulations to the winner for the Central Region: The Cottage Grove Bike Park, headed up by the Minnesota Off-Road Cyclists (MORC).
- PowerBar has launched their Don’t Let You Stop You Tour de France Sweepstakes which runs through July 31st.
- Snapguide, an online how-to community, has launched their bike-hack contest in honor of Bike To Work Month. From now until June 4th, upload your how-to guide on anything bike related to win up to $900 in hand made bike accessories.
- Timbuk2 is celebrating Bike month with new colors in the Especial Raider Cycling Backpack, and two new commuter bags: the Especial Vuelo Cycling Laptop Bag $149, and the Especial Claro Cycling Laptop Messenger $139.
- Also, Timbuk2 Facebook fans can enter the annual #ridefree Bike Commute Sweepstakes for a chance to win over $1,100 in gear: Raleigh Bicycle, Lazer Helmet, Kryptonite Lock, Portable Speakers, and the new Timbuk2 Especial Vuelo Backpack.
- Ellsworth is celebrating the month of May with $500 off complete Evolve C, complete 29 or 27.5 Enlightenment or complete Epiphany Enduro (limited sizes) bikes – or $250 off those frames only. Also, they will be giving away free Rocker and Bling Kit upgrades on all bikes sold in the month of May.
- Beginning May 11, fans can tune in to NBCSN daily to catch the final two hours of the 2014 Amgen Tour of California live, as well as nightly recaps and highlights. The finale on Sunday, May 18th, will be broadcast on NBC. TV schedule after the break.
- The Documentary Marco Pantani: The Accidental Death of a Cyclist launches May 16th in the UK
- Canyons Resort in Park City, Utah, will be opening up their family-friendly downhill mountain bike park on June 12th.
- Rapha is sponsoring the Women’s 100 – a worldwide 100k ride on Sunday, July 20th. Find a sponsored ride near you, set up a group ride, or register to ride on your own here.
- This Year, the Providence Cyclo-cross Festival will host a Dealer Day on Friday, October 3rd. Touted as an affordable alternative to Interbike, they had 45 exhibitors in 2013 and expect to sell out quickly for this years’ event.
- The RoadTitans300+ Cycling Challenge is a 3 day, 310 mile, 30,000+ ft of elevation ride this November 7-9th in Oconee, South Carolina.
The 2014 Amgen Tour of California television schedule follows*:
· Sunday, May 11 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 1 presented by Visit California – Sacramento (*Encore at 2-3 a.m. EDT/11 p.m.-midnight PDT)
· Monday, May 12 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 2 presented by Michelob Ultra – Folsom Individual Time Trial (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Tuesday, May 13 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 3 presented by Michelob Ultra – San Jose to Mount Diablo State Park (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Wednesday, May 14 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 4 presented by Visit California – Monterey to Cambria (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Thursday, May 15 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 5 presented byBreakaway from Cancer® – Pismo Beach to Santa Barbara (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Friday, May 16 at 5-7 p.m. EDT/2-4 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 6 presented by Crunchies Natural Snacks – Santa Clarita to Mountain High (Encore at 10:30-11:30 p.m. EDT/7:30-8:30 p.m. PDT)
· Saturday, May 17 at 4:30-6:30 p.m. EDT/1:30-3:30 p.m. PDT on NBCSN: Stage 7 presented by Crunchies Natural Snacks – Santa Clarita to Pasadena (Encore at 11 p.m.-midnight EDT/8-9 p.m. PDT)
· Sunday, May 18, live on NBC at 1-3 p.m. EDT/10-Noon PDT on NBC: Stage 8 presented by Amgen – Thousand Oaks (Encore at 5-7 p.m. and 11 p.m.-midnight EDT/2-4 p.m. and 8-9 p.m. PDT)
*Times subject to change. Nightly encore shows are edited from the two-hour live shows.