Be A Pedal Ranger, Blackburn looking for Brand Ambassadors for 2014
Do you love to get out there by bike? Packing up your stuff and riding until you’re tired, only to set up camp and tell stories around the camp fire? Blackburn is looking for new brand ambassadors for 2014, and if that sounds like your idea of a good time on a bike you might want to look into becoming a Ranger. In 2013, Blackburn started the Out There video series which introduced the Blackburn Ranger program and showcased the epic adventures along the Pacific Coast Highway and Continental Divide rides. Blackburn is continuing the program for 2014, and is looking for 4 new Rangers that will serve as Blackburn product testers to work directly with BlackBurn’s engineers and designers as well as their video production team to inspire others to get “Out There.”
Like the sound of free gear, travel, and support? Check out the details after the break.
CRITERIA OF A GOOD RANGER/WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Loves the idea of exploring the world by bike.
- Active and knowledgeable on social media, with a good following
- Passionate about the Blackburn brand
- Someone who likes to “capture” the moments of life.
- An excellent storyteller; written, verbal and/or visual
- A camper, traveler and adventurer.
AMBASSADOR RESPONSIBILITIES/WHAT YOU’LL BE EXPECTED TO DO:
- Spread the word about the Blackburn brand and products
- Travel the Pacific Coast or Great Divide Cycling Route in summer of 2014
- Create and deliver ride inspired content (photos, videos, blogs)
- Actively participate in social media
- Attend Ranger Camp at the 2014 Whiskey Off-Road Event in Prescott, AZ
- Provide product testing feedback to the Blackburn team
WHAT YOU GET/WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
- New & Prototype Blackburn Gear
- Travel to and participation in our 2014 Blackburn Ranger Camp at the Whiskey Off-Road in Prescott, AZ
- Appearance in Blackburn videos and possible regional ad campaigns, in-store displays or other Blackburn marketing initiatives
- Small travel stipend to help you complete the route
HOW TO APPLY:
- Submit a short essay that details why you’d make a great Blackburn brand ambassador. Try to hit upon the following points: What sort of history do you have with the Blackburn brand? What kind of bike touring have you done, if any? What are your personal motivations for embarking on the Pacific Coast or Great Divide? Is there anything special you’d like to do along the way? Surf, Kayak, Climb, Skateboard, raise money for a cause, hit every historical site?
- Send along several photos (3 to 10) that best illustrate who you are and how you view the world
- Bonus points: upload a short video to YouTube that showcases the points listed above, #beablackburnranger and send us the YouTube URL with your completed essay
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT:
- You will receive an email confirming we’ve received your application
- An 8 person panel comprised of Blackburn representatives, media and creative partners and a representative from the Adventure Cycling Association will review each application
- Finalists will be notified by February 22nd, 2014
- Final selection will be determined by March 7th, 2014. Notification will be posted to www.blackburndesign.com