Budnitz Offers Limited Edition FTB Titanium FatBike
If you’re looking for a belt drive, titanium fatbike with a Rohloff hub, Budnitz is offering a limited edition bike that is right up your alley. Called the FTB (fat tire bike? fat Ti bike?), Budnitz’ first fatbike runs 3.8 inch tires on Surly Rolling Darryl rims (the specs say Rolling Darryl, but the photos show Holy Rolling Darryls). Built with a symmetric front wheel mounted in the White Brother Snowpack fork, the rear end is offset to accommodate the Rohloff Speedhub 500. The titanium frame uses a twin-tube cantilever design and reportedly weighs under 4 pounds.
Budnitz FTBs are built to order, and will run somewhere in the neighborhood of $7,000.
Specs after the break.
Frame and Fork:
- Fork – White Brothers Carbon Snowpack.
- Frame – Budnitz Model FTB Titanium.
- Cable Housing – Yokozuna Race Housing, Japan.
- Pedals – VP Platform.
- Stem – Budnitz Titanium Stem.
- Saddle – Budnitz T2 Titanium Saddle in Black. Saddle options from Brooks UK and F’iz:ik.
- Seatpost – Thomson, USA.
- Brake Levers – Paul Components Love Levers (Red) – Optional Formula R1 Carbon.
- Brakes – Avid BB7 Mechanical or Formula R1 Hydraulic.
- Handlebar – Budnitz Titanium Riser Bar.
- Headset – Budnitz HX1 High Polish Silver.
- Transmission – Rohloff Speedhub 500/14.
- Bottom Bracket – Race Face Turbine External Cup.
- Crankset – Race Face Turbine.
- Rims – Surly Rolling Darryl.
- Tires – Surly 3.8-inch Knard or Black Floyd.
- Frame Sizing – Four sizes: S, M, L, and XL.