Video: After the Crash

Warning: Not for the weak of stomach.

Every time we hop on a bike, we take a calculated risk. Sometimes we fall and dust the pain off but other times the consequences are much higher. On this ride, Gareth was lucky. He was riding alone but was able to literally pull himself together and get back on the trail.

Comments

Timothy Burgher - 12/05/13 - 8:54am

Wowzers!

CXisfun - 12/05/13 - 9:49am

Ouch. I was going to make a snide remark about the use of the word “literally” since I figured “figuratively” probably would have been better. But, then I watched the video. Nope. He literally pulled himself back together. Yowza.

Dan - 12/05/13 - 9:55am

You’re a badass! Way to be

alex - 12/05/13 - 10:00am

Where is this? Looks like an amazing place to ride.

brider - 12/05/13 - 10:38am

He was looking at bit green there towards the end. Glad he didn’t pass out.

JOEP - 12/05/13 - 11:09am

Dude!

That is all.

Adam - 12/05/13 - 1:15pm

I think that is the Red Lady out side of Crested Butte Colorado….? What a tuff dude!

Saris - 12/05/13 - 6:45pm

@CXisFun

Ha!

- Saris

Kurt - 12/05/13 - 7:25pm

maybe don’t ride alone

alex - 12/05/13 - 11:25pm

Would like to know the opinion of an orthopedic Dr. on just ”fixing yourself up” like that. damn that doesn’t look like a fun thing to do.

Piotr - 12/06/13 - 6:56am

@ alex
Well, if you’ve got the balls to do it, there is not much you can do wrong. Just don’t use hard objects to hold the finger – you may damage the skin and soft tissue. Your hands aren’t strong enough to do more harm than the actual collision, so as long as you pull by yourself, you are fine. When orthopedic surgeon does it, you get anesthetized obviously ( I mean, thats what we do in Poland – I don’t know if in US it depends on insurance… hahaha). I don’t know if everyone would be able to hold handlebar after that, but that’s entirely different story. And it’s good to put finger in cast/splint whatever to let the ligaments heal in peace – than it also doesn’t hurt so much afterward.
For me it worked to learn to fall through my back and just roll, but I didn’t ride high mountains, so…