When we last touched on the Hammerhead Bicycle Navigation system, details were a bit thin about all of the things the small device was actually capable of. Getting closer to the end of their campaign, the Hammerhead crew put together the video above illustrating just what is possible with the Hammerhead along with more details we have after the break. They also brought back the Early Bird offer, now called the Milestone Special which allows you to pick up a unit for only $68 with free shipping to the US. There is also a special edition Hammerhead offered in a Translucent smoke gray that is available for $78.
Check out the Special edition plus more info on the indicator lights after the break.
What it shows you
The lights are bright RGB LEDs. They are capable of a wide range of signals including:
Center light array:
- Distance to turns. Distance to destination. Distance to top of a climb. U turn.
- Segment start and end. Relative segment speed.
- Primary turns. Right & left. Exit at a circle.
- Red dot sliding compass – for accurate off road navigation.
Front and sidelights:
- Bright headlight: Night visibility. Can be dimmed or flashed.
- Side lights: Indicate turns to cars. Side visibility