Photo of Acadia National Park by Rob Thorson
- Registration has opened for the 2014 Trans-Sylvania Mountain Bike Epic, May 25-31.
- The kind folks who put on the 6 Hours of Warrior Creek in Wilkesboro, NC, now have a 100k option with a new race: the Wilkes 100k. To be held Saturday, October 13, 2013 and limited to only 150 racers, so register now!
- Brandon Ewers is setting out on a self-supported ride from Portland to San Diego, up through Nevada, Utah, Colorado, then down to Austin, TX. He’s riding to raise awareness of mental illness and to support the 6040 Foundation.
- The Sacramento Bicycle Kitchen helps those in need of bicycle repair on a budget by giving them the tools and knowledge to do it themselves.
- Pelican has taken their everything-proof case designs and applied them to your bicycle. Their universal phone/case mount works with whatever you’ve got on up to a 33mm diameter handlebar. Their new iPhone 5 case puts alloy and elastomer for shock, drop, crush, water, wind and dust proof protection. Retail is $49.99 to $79.99
- ForeverMap2 offers offline navigation with bike and pedestrian specific worldwide map options, $2.99.
- We need more photos for our Throwback Pic Of The Day! Send yours in here.
- From our “Totally Random Editor Inbox Email Of The Day” comes this one: Enter to win an Amish Gazebo-on-a-Pole.
- Pacenti is blowing out all remaining 26″ rims at Bikelugs.com, saying “not that I think 26″ is going away anytime soon, but we just don’t seem to sell any 26″ rims.”