Kuat Rüfee Roof Rack Now Available

First spotted at Interbike last year, Kuat’s entry into the roof rack market is now available. Called the Rüfee, the lockable roof rack works with 9, 15, and 20mm fork dropouts for total compatibility right out of the box without the need of additional adapters. The Rüfee retails for $209 and is shipping now.

Comments

flier - 08/16/13 - 5:05pm

Uhm…..Kuat….uh…. You might want to rethink the name on this. Unless you want your product to be confused with a date rape drug.

skiahh - 08/16/13 - 5:06pm

Well, not TOTAL compatibility. For the growing number of Lefty users, it doesn’t sound compatible.

edge - 08/16/13 - 5:10pm

they could have done with just the last 30 sec of the video.

Riley - 08/16/13 - 5:14pm

[deleted]

Eyal - 08/16/13 - 5:31pm

No seriously, Riley, the name is very unfortunate. The Umlaut doesn’t make it any cooler.

Dude on a bike - 08/16/13 - 5:36pm

Agreed with flier, terrible name. How about they just add an “O” at the end. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Um8mMa5w41A

Robo - 08/16/13 - 5:40pm

yeah, stricktly from an “I gtta sell this to anyone and everyone” standpoint, the name is a bit…unfortunate…

….still lovin my NV!!

Robo - 08/16/13 - 5:41pm

…that’s also some unfortunate spelling on my part.

whaaa??? - 08/16/13 - 7:01pm

And date rape is cool…how? At least this saves me the time that might have been spent researching the rack.

Ajax - 08/16/13 - 7:02pm

Product good. Name bad.

I like the convenience that you have ability to use any wheel, thru-axle or not, without the need for an adaptor. So, good going Kuat. However, you guys need to listen to others. The name of this rack is a really poor choice. I would consider getting another rack of equal value and price if it came down to it because that name is so bad.

whaaa??? - 08/16/13 - 7:16pm

So…you can laugh with your bros in the car that your bike rack is called a “Rufee?” Seriously? Not-so-subtle shot of the dude in the video opening a beer in the last frame? I must be not getting something…oh yeah, this rack.

whaaa??? - 08/16/13 - 7:19pm

Agree w/you Ajax…I would spend more money on a lower quality rack just b/x of the name :-)

harro - 08/16/13 - 7:20pm

I’ll wait for the Rapee

The Guy - 08/16/13 - 7:22pm

I will wait for Thule to come out with something that works.

Mindless - 08/16/13 - 7:47pm

I will just get another 1Up USA one.

kyle - 08/16/13 - 9:19pm

i for one think the product looks great! well done kuat!

Kyle G - 08/16/13 - 10:12pm

I’d buy one for the name alone.

JimmyZ - 08/16/13 - 11:19pm

some nicknames must only have been chosen and repeated because they sound so stupid. “roofies” is a nickname for rohypnol. believe it or not, people take rohypnol willingly and with full fore knowledge of what it is, and don’t end up getting raped.
I hope that Kuat invents a version of this rack designed to be installed on a hatchback, and that they name it the “Donkey Punch”.

Jimbrowski - 08/16/13 - 11:39pm

Best comments on any thread on BikeRumor.com hands down…

Gross - 08/17/13 - 11:46am

serious fail on the name. I don’t care if the rack poops golden eggs i’m not putting anything named after a date rape drug on my car. That’d be about as classy as the d* bags who put “the shocker” sticker on their car.

Rich - 08/17/13 - 12:35pm

Geez people, it’s not roofie.

Robbo - 08/17/13 - 7:05pm

Oh. Come. On. Really? People are actually wasting brain cells associating the two? Honestly, comment sections should be banned, if only to save the rest of us from becoming stupider after having read them. Two on order – awesome international shipping rates, btw.

Kark - 08/17/13 - 10:28pm

My first thought on reading the headline was: Really? did they somehow miss the unfortunate association on the name? if so, then that is one seriously stupid blunder. But, even worse, if the name association was intentional then… [deleted] that’s awful.. in any case that’s unacceptable.

Robo - 08/18/13 - 5:33pm

@Robbo, try selling one to a suburban house wife with 3 little kids in tow

DaleC - 08/18/13 - 11:22pm

Robbo – thank you

The Guy – Thule has been building rook racks for , what, 20 years. If they don’t already have one that “works”, why would you keep waiting?

RE: the name – if it is anything like my NV (the most awesome rack I have ever owned), the name won’t appear anywhere on it.

Jimbrowski – couldn’t agree more

DaleC - 08/18/13 - 11:24pm

Kuat customer service is awesome and the quality of their products, especially the NV, are unmatched.

jw - 08/18/13 - 11:53pm

doesn’t matter what they call it because their products aren’t made so well in the first place. Their approach is like this: if they were tasked with reinventing the wheel, they’d make it octagonal with lots of little unnecessary parts just to be different. Never mind that a single strip of wood already did the job better. They’d paint some of the parts a fun color to distract you though and name it something silly.

junk