Found: The Swiss Army Bike Tool

The Swiss Army Bike Tool is a 3.5 oz ¬†tool for emergency repairs. The small case contains two detachable tire levers and a collection of torx, screwdriver, and allen heads for any application. The only thing it doesn’t have is a knife and a pair of crappy plastic tweezers! Retail is $48 .

Comments

Nes - 04/16/13 - 5:26am

What use is a flat head screw driver??? I vote for the Lezyne multi tools.

maddogeco - 04/16/13 - 5:36am

Is that the same as the one BMC sell on there website? im not a fan of white labeling http://b2c.bmc-racing.com/shop.php?country=3

Ck - 04/16/13 - 8:19am

I expected better from Victorinox because pretty much everything else they make that i’ve ever laid my hands on has been top notch and well thought out. This thing looks like junk.

carl - 04/16/13 - 9:06am

$48???

JonDanger FTW - 04/16/13 - 9:14am

Swiss Army Knives never had crappy plastic tweezers. The toothpicks were plastic, the tweezers were metal.

Star stevenson - 04/16/13 - 9:52am

Lezyne

Shanghaied - 04/16/13 - 12:06pm

This and the BMC tool are simply rebranded PB Swiss Tools’ bike tool. PB’s tools are quite nicely made in Switzerland, but they are otherwise entirely uninvolved in the bike business, hence this low effort attempt. Must say that I’m surprised that Victorinox would simply sell rebrands though.

zohurap - 04/16/13 - 3:34pm

no chain tool is a deal breaker for me. not to mention ridiculous price.

Mindless - 04/16/13 - 3:40pm

I currently use Topeak with a ratchet and separate bits – I like it. I can customize bits for some of my bikes that use uncommon fasteners (some T10 and T30 etc). And it is light, and after one bit is broken (like so many hex keys getting rounded from being made of cheese), easy to replace.

DaleC - 04/16/13 - 8:58pm

My old multi-tools will probably be given away when my Fixit Sticks arrive in a few days. I haven’t needed tire levers since an old dude taught me how to change a tire without them over a decade ago.

Ajax - 04/17/13 - 10:06pm

Ok dudes. On kickstarter, there are two new hotshot companies with new mini tools.

Fixit sticks vs. The Nutter

You guys should do a search on google for those two mini tools. They both look good. I’m going with the Nutter. I like the one piece thing and easy to replace bits.

Raido - 04/19/13 - 5:20am

In fact, this tool is PB Swiss Tool bike tool, rebranded as Victorinox. It has lifetime warranty for _each_ of it part. The plastic tire levers, like the rest of the tool, are very robust – I mountet Geax Barro Race/Mountain tires with them on Mavic 819/Shimano XT reams withous any problem – it’s more likely to dent the lim then to brake the lever.
I’ve have been using this tool (original BR Swiss Tool) for almost 2 years – it proves to be a universal and robust solution. It’s lighter, that the majority on the market, and fit the pochet of XC/road jersey better. I’m also able to reuse the bits from it during bike assembling.

So, I would say, it does not worth to criticise the tool before you actually try it :)

MERLINO - 04/22/13 - 4:02pm