Make a Statement: bike rack built at the intersection of art and function

Our latest Kickstarter find, the Statement Bike Rack, seeks to make bike racks that won’t make your apartment look like a garage and are worthy of that ultimate piece of art and function: your bike.  Handmade of birch wood and anodized aluminum, the statement bike rack folds up when not in use (as you see pictured here), can accommodate a cable lock, holds up to 60 lbs, and is made in the U.S. A.  The bottom even makes a nice place to hang your hat.

Comments

chris - 04/10/13 - 9:27pm

$190 for that… I guess thats why they’re calling it “art.”

Vassilis K. - 04/11/13 - 1:51am

It’s very nice. I agree, price tag should go a little bit lower than $190. I can’t buy it but good luck to you guys.
Also try to sell it in a variety of different colors.

Topmounter - 04/11/13 - 12:06pm

For 190 bones I expect it to fold up slowly and gracefully when you lift the bike off.

hollywood - 04/11/13 - 12:22pm

looks like a shoe print on the wall…and an ID school project…nice though

Wangster - 04/11/13 - 12:46pm

Not a very elegant solution. Over designed. I thought the Bike Valet (another kickstarter wall rack) was a much better and beautiful option.

Henry - 04/11/13 - 2:18pm

I think it looks really nice, but with a sloping top tube on a lot of my bikes I often find that they hang kind of wonky on a rack like this. Maybe the gel cradle can be shimmed in that case? $190 is totally worth is once you go back and admire the mustache and comb-work on that guy in the video again… See?

Topmounter - 04/11/13 - 3:28pm

Hipster-bikes don’t have sloping top-tubes.

Jose - 04/11/13 - 4:06pm

Cool design, just ordered one!