Looking to honor the Manx Missile’s legendary sprinting ability and his long partnership with Oakley, the two entities have teamed up to bring you the Cavendish Signature Series RadarLock. While the glasses were offered up for sale on the 1st, Oakley offered up a sneak peek on March 28th, likely to make sure no one thought these were a joke. With Mark’s eye squarely towards the Green Jersey of the 2013 Tour de France, his signature glasses are crafted with a “Cavendish Green” colorway with matching Jade Iridium vented Path lenses (as well as a G40 Iridium).
In addition to the glasses, Oakley also included a custom Rapha cycling cap that will be sold along with the shades – see it, and a video with Cav after the break.
- Durability and all-day comfort of lightweight, stress-resistant O Matter® frame material
- Multiple interchangeable Unobtainium® nose pad options for secure, customizable fit that maximizes comfort
- Cooling airflow via integrated surge ports in the frame, plus venting in the two included lenses
- Unobtainium earsocks that increase grip when you sweat
- Comfort and performance of Three-Point Fit that holds the lens in precise optical alignment
- Laser lens engraving and metal icon accents
- Oakley Switchlock™ interchangeable lens technology for fast and easy lens changing
- High Definition Optics® for clarity, visual fidelity and impact resistance that meets all ANSI Z87.1 standards
- Polaric Ellipsoid lens geometry to extend clarity to the edge of a wide peripheral view
- UV protection of Plutonite® lens material that filters out 100% of UVA / UVB / UVC & harmful blue light up to 400nm
- Iridium lens coating (Jade Iridium lens) that reduces glare and balances light transmission
- Lens curvature that improves side protection against sun, wind and impact
- Signature Series edition (includes two lenses, custom Microclear bag, and custom cycling cap)
“A cycling cap is a sweat barrier, wind deflector, sun screen and more, but I wear one to honor the heritage of the sport and the riders from those early years who laid the foundation for cycling to become what it is today,” Cav said. “They’ll always be part of the peloton.”
The Rapha caps will only be included with the initial launch of the Cavendish Signature series which will set you back $280.