Friday Roundup – Bicycle Bits & Pieces
- Hans Rey‘s coffee table book is available now for $49.00 (also through QBP) and includes photographs and essays of 25 years worth of Hans Rey’s mountain bike adventures from all over the world. Click here to see a few inspiring sample pages and to order.
- Bilenky Cycle Works is announcing its 3rd Annual Philadelphia Bike Expo to be held this October 27th and 28th. In addition to exhibitors of all manner of bikes, apparel and accessories, the show will include various seminars, including one by Bike Snob NY, and a discussion and panel of women’s cycling issues titled “Girl Bike”. The World’s Fastest Mechanic competition returns and the Alley Cat race will have a Viking theme.
- Strider is holding it’s annual World Championships and Kids Fest in Sarasota, Florida, October 12-15th. Fun will be had by all, and poopy pants for some, as 2, 3, 4 and 5 year olds from all over the world gather to race it out at the Sarasota BMX track. Event is open to all who want to participate, click link above for more info.
- Vienna, Austria, has been selected as the host-city for the 2013 Velo City conference. “The Sound of Cycling” is the slogan for the June 11-14 gathering which is now open for registration and is accepting submissions for contributions to it’s agenda. Activity based session ideas are welcomed such as roundtables, workshops, and, interestingly, speed dating…?
- Austrialia’s 50 and 100km Capital Punishment Mountain Bike Race is opening up registration on October 18th for their 2013 race.
- Kate’s Real Food is announcing a new flavor energy bar, the Tiki Bar – made with coconut, mango and cashews, it will be available Nov. 12th.